Widow just kills the game for me

every game i play against one, it isnt fun.

oh they werent good and i was able to poke them to death? that being the actual best case scenario? still warped the game completely around 1 player on 1 team.

widow watch is a totally different game and frankly, it sucks.

40 Likes

I also love getting one shot across the map :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Snipers don’t belong in FPS games. The only one that was mildly balanced was sniper in TF2.

14 Likes

Learn to stay out of Widow sight lines.
Use cover, shields, or even a tanks body to avoid Widow.

You can’t just run ahead out in the open when you know there is a Widow scoping an area.

3 Likes

This is a hot take. Every single fps multi-player I’ve ever played has snipers.

18 Likes

If it’s any consolation, supposedly OW2 will have more natural cover to address this problem (which also addresses other problems) so there’s that.

Oh, they do. I think they’re all unbalanced. I wish FPS game developers would give up on trying to make them balanced.

If they’re good, they dominate too much, and the solution is to gut them and make them bad. Their viability and the game’s overall enjoyment for the majority of a game’s playerbase are mutually exclusive. The only game where they’re remotely compatible is TF2.

7 Likes

Aka dont touch the point…or do anything

Let one hero stop you from doing any push…totaly balanced

19 Likes

Thats what is suppose to happen when you practice and master a skill or craft. If a good sports player “is too good” they are allowed to dominate. Same with any other competitive activity.
You want to punish hard work and dedication and handicap people that have achieved this by nerfing their tools.

What is the point of even getting good at any hero is people will just cry about them once you master them.
OW is the only community where people want to punish and limit those with any type of skill or mastery of a hero.
Should people not try and miss shots on purpose so people wont complain and want to nerf their heroes?

Never-ending ridiculousness.

3 Likes

On paper, a sniper is supposed to require incredible accuracy in order to be successful, while also forcing the enemy to think more strategically in their positioning (they’re pretty much priority targets, like Tanks).

The only reason snipers are annoying in this game, is because hitboxes are a bit too lenient.

3 Likes

They might be slightly larger than other games (not all), but movement in OW is faster. As far as strafing side to side, turn speed, OW’s movement is better for dodging compared to games like CS:GO, and most tactical FPS games.

1 Like

??

What are you even on about ??

If the widow player is good, he literally does things that no other hero can.

You can be as skilled as you want on genji, widow eill just continue to be absolutely better in every way, shape or form.

8 Likes

Agreed. I’ve actually been playing Widowmaker more (achievement hunting) and I found that the best way to play her, for me, was by quick-scoping: I actually found her assault rifle being pretty fun, and using her Venom Mine as a grenade (I wish it had two charges…).

And besides the faster movement speed of the heroes in OW. You have to deal with shields, barriers and abilities. And heroes flying around the map hunting you down.
And Widow has a charge on her gun, cant quick scope (what Widow does now-a-days isn’t true quick scoping)
Snipers from other arena shooters Like Quake, Unreal Tournament , etc, have faster firing rifles, no charge up, no fall off, can quick scope.
Its funny people that came to OW as their first FPS, think Widow is the worst thing ever. When she is weaksauce compared to other snipers from other fps games.

6 Likes

I guess I misinterpreted “quick-scoping”? What I do with her is this: zoom in -> fire -> zoom in -> fire. I usually get up to 60% charge, as it’s better damage for me (and allows team for follow up damage). I don’t play her being locked in scope, and only scope if I’m going to fire in the next two seconds.

Its a form of quickscoping but its much slower than other games. Blizzard nerfed in early in the games release.
Here is an example of quickscoping. Which is present in a lot of FPS games.

Which is crazy to complain about snipers in OW as well as the TTK in this game compared to other shooters.

3 Likes

Snipers always suck but specifically never made since in OW due to the focus on ‘brawls’. But you gotta give the fps kids what they want…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I mimic when I play Widowmaker (or any sniper really). It’s the only way I can be effective with a sniper (at least accuracy and damage wise).

This makes me wonder if the fast-paced, low TTK in OW2 is going to be well received? Sure, the dev team said they would look into snipers, but judging by their track record, it’s probably going to either be minor or a sledgehammer to the archetype.

1 Like

I mean this is one of the games that inspired OW. I forgot to add this video to my OW isnt a moba thread.
Look at the game play, the speed, the guns, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, but doing those things makes the game less fun, which is the point?

4 Likes