Widow is destroying Master, GM, TOP500 and OWL

Almost like smurfing is a major issue anywhere below Diamond and it needs to stop, which is what is leading to this false image of “This hero needs a nerf”. Because to us Platinums (or lower), we get people who are Diamond+ INVADING our games “for fun”, and destroying us where we have NO CHANCE of beating them.

NONE.
ZERO.
ZILCH.

We can’t fight back.

Can’t fight back = useless against this hero

Useless against hero = Hero is overpowered

Hero is overpowered = Hero shouldn’t be overpowered

Hero shouldn’t be overpowered = Ask Blizzard to nerf/fix hero

Welcome to Psychology101. Smurfing=Bad.

No.

OWL is where all heroes are being played “correctly”. If they’re not balanced there, they cannot be balanced anywhere else and Widowmaker is completely OP in OWL.

If you’re OP in OWL, you should be nerfed. No contest.

…and I can’t wait to see the new Hanzo in OWL and Contenders. He’ll be obliterated by the nerf bat shortly thereafter.

1 Like

She is also a healer.

Can’t wait for Tracer to be nerfed properly then!

Her ultimate was nerfed to a balanced state.

Tracer’s falloff damage STARTS at 11meters.
Should make it start at 5 or less.

There, you want OPAF heroes nerfed? There you go.

And with that mentality easy heroes rule the game, and you killed off all skill from the game.

Tracer was already nerfed.

The nerf is called “Brigitte”. You’ve probably already met.

Except for everything that’s not raw aim.

Like positioning, and strategy, and tactics, and disengagement, and communication, and teamwork, and initiation…etc…

No, actually all skills.

Why would you play anything other than easy heroes, if even the best players can’t outperform them on harder ones?

If hard heroes are better in OWL, then worse players still can happily play other heroes, but you’d force the easiest heroes to dictate the game.

NoNo. See. I knew you’d make up a false claim like this.

Widowmaker has an infinite skill ceiling. This means she can outplay her counters.

Tracer ALSO has an infinite skill ceiling. This means she can outplay her counters.

You want an example?

Winston dives an EXPOSED Widowmaker.
She headshots him out of the air, insta-dead.

TRACER CAN DO THIS TO WINSTON, GENJI, D.VA, -AND- BRIGITTE.

Tracer can not one-shot them, but she can still easily negate them because she has SUPERIOR MOBILITY and SUPERIOR SUSTAINED DAMAGE.

Tracer does more damage per second than Genji, D.Va, and Winston (separately).

My nerf to Tracer would be make her FALLOFF DAMAGE

START

at 5 meters. NOT 11

The ONLY thing that does is make her more susceptible to her counters. She’d have to be in Brigitte’s Range.
She’d have to be in Genji’s Range.
She’d have to be in Winston’s Range.
She’d have to be in D.Va’s Range.

CURRENTLY

She can be 11m away from Winston
She can be 11m away from D.Va
She can be 11m away from Genji
She can be 11m away from Brigitte.

Winston’s Range: 8m
D.Va’s Range: 10m
Brigitte’s Range: 6m

Excuse me- but, WHAT?
What the heck is that?!

Tracer can outplay everything.
Widowmaker can outplay everything.

Tracer DOMINATED OWL.
“Tracer is deciding matches”
“Yes it all comes down to who has the better Tracer”
in OWL.

Brigitte is only effective against crappy Tracers.

Winston got outplayed. I see no issue.
Not to mention he has basically no health anyway.

Because if the game actually worked like Blizzard intended, skill level would be irrelevant. The game would be all about counter-picks.

You would pick Widow, for instance, because she countered a Bastion. Not because she countered absolutely everything else.

(Again, this assuming the balance worked as intended.)

How about they remove her buff to ger grapple. How can tanks and flankers counter her if she can escape as often as they can?

If that was their intention they shouldn’t have made an fps game.

They’ve been clear about this being their intention from the start.

No one forced anyone to buy it.

I’ll put it down that I despise Widowmaker - I think snipers are absolutely toxic for any FPS game, as are any insta-kill, one-sided fighting classes or characters (including rogues/thieves/assassins) in any PvP scenario. They are Anti-fun and harbour far too much power for the effort it requires to kill them back.

But, Widowmaker is in the game. She can’t be removed. She is a sniper - the canker has been worked into the game and can’t be removed. There is only 1 thing that can actually be nerfed about her - her bodyshot spam. As a Sniper, she shouldn’t simply be able to ping off shots in rapid succession until she hits her target, nor is it fair to reward a Sniper with kills just for bodyshotting someone with a double tap.

Snipers screw up the game because they add realism-damage to a game wherein all characters can tank bullet wounds without fuss. Having “1 Bullet: 1 Kill” mechanics in a game were people don’t die as soon as they are shot by any character, is a problem. So when you add Snipers into the game, they must be forced to make headshots and each shot must count.

she cant though, you are just flat out lying, its 8 seconds, longest cooldown for a mobility skill in the game.

I don’t think I denied that Widow was a very strong pick?

I’m just saying she wasn’t outshining the other dps heroes. She was in 1 in 5 games! The next most commonly picked dps hero in grandmasters was… Sombra…

thats the point, the trade off is shes slower when moving. and only has 1 mobility skill (that has to latch on to somthing to work. effectively if u do it right a genji or a winston hell a tracer. could kill widow well before she has a chance to run)

she can 1 shot kill you because its difficult, the problem isnt widow

its that the meta were in hard counters dive heroes.

who hard counter widow

thus widow is largely uncontested

RH can out heal most dps as well.

In fact, snipers shouldn’t be in this game from the beginning…