Widow is destroying Master, GM, TOP500 and OWL

My bad, the word I should’ve used is “viable,” because thanks to the mere threat of someone swapping to Brigitte, Winston has become worthless.

In gm you have to run widow if they run widow. If you don’t, you lose.

winston
widow counter
Are you sure you actually play widow? Because Winston is not a counter as widow can just use her rope to fly away out of his range.

Ppl complain about no aim heroes and when they have aim heores, they complain again. :roll_eyes:

What is your sens, out of curiosity? That’s pretty darned low if you cannot 180 mid air :S

as much as i want to say widow is balanced.
she just doent fit this game

Stupidity at the highest level here … Just fix noobgitte first and unleash the genjis, winstons and tracers again. New sym is going to make it even worse, because close range fights are going to be even harder. These are not widow related issues, but it’s the absence of nearly all possible soft counters because of brigitte.

You know what’s really OP, but I personally love it because I’m a Widow main? Widow and Bastion on Junkertown attack. Especially on console if you’re a good Widow. If you’re popping off as Widow while your Bastion is sitting on the cart reeking havok, the enemy team has no idea what to do. They’ll be split on who to prioritize.

I don’t hate widow. Sure, I’m a zenyatta main and I get headshotted all the time Because my enormous hit box. But I dont feel cheated. When many characters kill me that is because of luck and I feel cheated. Widow does not. I usually skip the killcam, but when a widow kills me a stay to watch that headshot. I appreciate widow mains for mastering that hero, because the hero relies on a HUGE amount of skill to be effective

My posible solutions

1.- Suggestion one: Make a good counter for widow, indirect or direct.

2.- Suggestion two: Reduce widow headshot damage to x1.5

3.- Suggestion three: Give her falloff damage. Less than 20 meters she can deal 100% damage, 20 to 25 meters 75% damage and 25 to 30 meters 50% of her damage.

1 could work

2 and 3 feel a tad harsh, 2x for headshot seems more fair

Personally I think they could just reduce the charge speed for max damage and make her move slower while scoped in. It keeps TF2 Sniper in check and he’s as mobile as Ana

1 Like

The whole point of cancer is to replicate and kill you.

Just describing what something is supposed to do doesn’t mean it’s not cancer.

Just make a reliable counter to Widow. I don’t think she should be nerfed.

When they buffed Widow’s grappling hook, they should have buffed it to 10 seconds, not 8. But 12 seconds was way too long.

And at 10 seconds, she’d probably still need another buff.

8 seconds is perfect considering her other garbage ability is on a 15 second CD and her SMG has worse spread than Bastion after just a couple of shots.

Plus her counters are all more mobile than her and can easily get to her position and flank her while she’s scoped in and unaware. The problem is that people think Widow should be a free kill. “I sneezed, why isn’t Widow dead?” Or just don’t want to bother with her. They want a “press this button here” to get rid of the Widow.

This thread is finally asking the important questions.

2 Likes

What’s problematic about Widowmaker is that her only real counter at high ELO is… herself.

If your team has no widow player and their team has a good widow player, you lose. I see this in streams all the time.

No hero should have that sort of impact/free reign.

Proposals:
Grappling hook: Can’t be used within 2 seconds of taking damage.

That’s it. I think that’d help a fair bit and really cement heroes like Winston as a true counter. Also with any luck hero 28 is a good sniper counter.

Widow is just the most oppressive hero to play against and turns the game into a turtle-behind-barriers fest which is just insanely boring.

Yeah, it really sucks because I can’t play the hero I want to because storm arrow lasts longer than deflect, anti dive, and brig

The thing about TF2 sniper is that he has the ability to one shot EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME, with the only exception being an overhealed heavy wearing the steel gauntlets or whatever they are called. I think Widow’s low max damage is enough to keep her in check, with the only potential change being total tunnel vision when scoped, opposed to her current state, where she can see pretty much normally in the area outside the scope circle. Maybe they should make this area black, or at least blurred to you can onyl se very vague sillhoutetes.

looking to improve and trying to be like vasily zaytsev aren’t mutually exclusive lol… you are being ridiculous, if someone is picking widow and trying thier best they are trying to improve, it doesn’t matter if they enjoy sorta roleplaying as a cool sniper, they are still trying to contribute to thier team and get better, its just that widows skill floor for contributing to teams is very high, this is factually why widow is considered a troll pick, because widow is a hard hero…

1 Like