Widow desperately needs a nerf

Not all chances are equal. If a character is literally forcing you into that bad a situation every team fight, then that character just might be a bit overpowered.

So… what “bad situation” does Widow force one into? Standing behind a shield? That’s like… 80% of what Overwatch is: positioning yourself in a place where you can safely damage an opponent and they cannot damage you.

Please read the actual conversation I was responding to.

I didn’t said anything about effort. I said about skill, and how people mistake aim accuracy with skill.

Good aim is one skill, and one that is really hard to master, but it’s not the only skill required to be a good Overwatch player, and as I mentioned, not even the most important one, because its not universally good.

Widowmaker, as a character, requires good aim first, positioning/map knowledge second, and reaction times third. She don’t need great cooldown management (both her abilities are not used as soon as their cooldown are up), she don’t need much game sense (she stays a mile from the main fight most of the time), and so on.

If you list all the skills you need to develop and improve to be a good Mei, Genji or Doomfist, they clearly requires a bigger number of them, and they usually are not that effective until they have at least a good bunch of them at a reasonable level. Thus, they requires more skill.

If you have good aim from previous experience in other FPS, you will be a passable Widow even if you have zero experience with Overwatch in general. That is how much she relies in a single skill to “git gud”.

That’s not the character’s fault, but the player controlling it.

Fact of the matter is that good players know what kind of bad situation the enemy is hoping to force you into and say, “Screw you, I ain’t buying what you’re selling” and do what’s needed to avoid falling into their trap.

You sure like talking about chances. You wanna know how good a chance Widow has to shoot you when you’re on the other side of a wall? Zero.

Plus, each comp in Overwatch has a max of 6 heroes at anytime, despite the fact we currently have 27 to choose from presently. It’s on you to figure out what utility the enemy team loses by having a Widow on their team, and use that to your advantage.

I had to read quite a bit, but it’s plain to see that you and I are in agreement on Widow: she doesn’t need a nerf. It’s frustrating that her only real “counter” is a better-played Widow (at the higher levels), but the answer isn’t in reducing her damage.

The only thing about Widow that is possibly overpowered is her movement. The Grapple is just too quick of a cooldown.

More movement on widow broke the game…

Is this a troll post? Or am I just crazy.

No, I’m not saying it broke the game, calm down. I’m saying that the only meaningful nerf you could make to Widow that wouldn’t completely destroy her would be a minor nerf to her Grapple. I’m saying it’s the ONLY thing that you could justifiably nerf on her. I could also theorycraft a change to her Venom Mine, which is a sleeper ability and often overlooked in her kit, but that’s another conversation.

Widow’s strength today isn’t because of the changes to Widow, it’s the changes to heroes around her. She became the 2nd-best-DPS pick (after Hanzo) all because of the brawl-on-point meta in which a single pick can immediately turn a fight, something that she and Hanzo are phenomenally good at.

Ive literally only talked about chance in regards to your proposed solution to dealing with Widow. Chill, bruh.

And…okay? But likewise, you have zero chance of attacking (and in some cases, defending) while you do that.

If your argument is “its on you to figure out how to deal with Widow”, then we’re back to the points I originally brought up: not even pros have figured out such a thing yet.

That may not warrant something as drastic as nerfs, but it definitely needs a close eye kept on it.

Are we talking about Brigitte suddenly?

Nope.

We weren’t talking about Widow, either. Just that guy’s assumptions of her.

I’m giving an alternative to what the OP in the thread is asking for. Also, if I were to want to nerf her it would not remove her skill cap in terms of aiming, but perhaps vulnerability only for people that have mastered her in some way.

Saying “give other heroes a skill cap” is also a tad shallow. So if Brigitte is broken, we increase the skill cap of 20+ other heroes and/or make a hero made to counter just Brigitte?

Hanzo is not a sniper

Are you drunk ? There’s hundred of posts asking to nerf for these heroes, way more than Widow.

And look at my heroes pool, and I’m deffending Widow mains.

How stupid your post is…

1 Like

maybe a 10 second cooldown on grapple. 12 seconds was too long, it made her way, way too easy to dive on. 8 sec and now she cant be dived on. how about a 10 sec middle ground?

2 Likes

While still unnecessary, this would be the only acceptable nerf.

1 Like

With a big buff to her ult maybe.

l2barrier Lool
20 characters

She doesn’t need a nerf, we just need divers that don’t suck

Widow was in a fair state before Bridgette, now playing anything that is capable of diving Widow is basically troll picking

LOL. Get good. Widow is so easy to counter and requires a ton of practice. Go play Brigette.

1 Like