Widow and Mercy dont need nerfs

Widowmaker didn’t need her hook nerfed.

She’s already stupidly easy to counter and one of the hardest characters to use effectively.

You can’t keep nerfing every single hero people complain about just because they’re too stubborn to counterpick.

You nerfed dive into the ground. Now you’re nerfing the snipers and buffing the hitscans.

Next patch, watch, the hitscans are going to be nerfed too. Because people will be complaining about that now that they’re buffed.

You made Brig to counter dive at that was a mistake-- one hero shouldnt stop an entire team comp. Now that flankers and dive tanks struggle to do their jobs effectively because she’s so powerful in low ranks, the snipers are strong.

Now people complain about snipers-- so you nerf them.

I dont get it. Do you NOT want skilled players in the game? Because every single hero like Widow that I can think of has either been nerfed so they’re easier to kill or given stupidly simple counters that can shut them down with 0 effot. Or both.

Widowmaker has only had 1 major change since launch. The reason people are just now complaining about her is because flankers and dive tanks arent able to do anything about her now.

Moira can just succ Genji to death, toss an orb, and fade around him to kill him halfway across the map.

Brigette is the Tracer Eraser who can just undo all her [and everyone else’s] burst damage with her heal [THE highest burst heal in the game], her passive, and her shieldbash combo that deletes every 200hp hero.

Hanzo’s storm arrows can just spam somebody who gets in his face.

Every single thing that kept her in check has had its fangs removed.

Am I the only one aggravated that this game seems to be pandering to people at my skill level [high gold/low plat] instead of encouraging them to improve with their heroes, their game sense, and learn to counter the problems they face?

How is anyone going to get better at this game if every single hero that rewards mechanical skill is hammered just because somebody won’t switch or learn a new role?

You have barriers. Rein. Orisa. Winston’s. Sym’s ult.
You have armor. Brigette’s ult. Torb’s armor.
You have flankers. Genji. Tracer. Even Sombra can harrass Widow.
You have dive tanks. Winston. Dva. Hammond could even give her trouble.

If after all of this you STILL can’t kill Widow then the problem isn’t Widow’s mobility or her machine gun.

Its that instead of learning to deal with heroes people scream and cry until Blizzard nerfs them, but once they’re nerfed a new meta comes along with another hero nobody will learn to deal with.

If the only way you can counter a hero is to make them worse or make it so simple somebody who got the game yesterday could do it-- that’s really bad. This is honestly why people are quitting. Blizz wants the game to be accessible to everybody and that’s amazing, but if this is going to be a competitive game then you can’t just keep pandering to people who scream for nerfs instead of improving their gameplay. Myself included.

Then Mercy’s HEALING gets a nerf? When the problem is, was, and will always be her rez on E? Am I being trolled right now?

Learn to counter your counters. If you won’t do that then you’ll always be upset every time the meta changes.

The days of Widow’s long hook cooldown were painful already. This is just going to make Hanzo counter her instead of competing with her.

He can spam her to death with storm arrows [that headshot!] while her SMG is garbage.
He can wall climb anytime he wants and get to the same places, meanwhile she has a now 10 second hook that if she misses she’s basically dead.

Yeah I’m mad right now. Genji, Widow, and Mercy were/are my 3 mains. And every single one of them has/is getting hit with BS nerfs and counters .

Genji on PS4-- deflect nerf is so painful. Whatever happened to console specific balancing? On PS4 he NEEDS his bigger hitbox. Then throw in moira and brig when he was the biggest counter Widow and Hanzo had; but people act mystified as to why snipers are suddenly dominating.

And don’t even get me started on Sombra and Symmetra. That’s an entirely different thread.

[Sighs in Japanese]

18 Likes

They didn’t nerf anything about dive. Even with Brigitte dive is being used in the OWL.

Also it’s ironic asking if they do not want skilled players in the game, and whine about Mercy’s nerf when she will still be the best healer with less skill requirements than Ana.

4 Likes

Just because a character requires skill does NOT mean they are not OP, and just because a character doesn’t need to aim as much does NOT mean they are not underpowered. Stop complaining and actually wait till the nerfs hit live to see their impact.

12 Likes

Are you really using OWL as the metric for balance when they are the best of the best players in the entire world?

Nobody in my game or your games or anyone else’s games can play these heroes or even coordinate in a team like they can.

She will always be the best healer because of rez. Rez is the problem. THATS what they need to fix about mercy if anything; not her healing.

2 Likes

Look at the list of counters widow has.

Are you really telling me that even with ALL of that, you still cant kill her?

2 Likes

I’m using the OWL as a metric because they know what tactics are the best for each situation, and dive is still there even with Brigitte.

I think they nerfed lunge and grapple to make snipers worse against dive tanks.

Mercy, yah, she needed it.

8 Likes

Have you ever played against an actual good widowmaker?

8 Likes

this is a completely wrong statement.

adding a character with stuns? nerf to dive

adding a character who gives out armor? nerf to dive

Dropping tracers pulse bomb damage? nerf to dive

Bringing genjis reflect down? nerf to dive

adding a burst heal that over heals for armor on a 5 second cooldown? nerf to dive.

With brig on a team, the only damage effective after one rally, is burst damage.

widow and hanzo are the burst damage dps.

what did you expect?

1 Like

Her counters are sometimes borderline useless in this meta. Yes, sometimes it will work. My comment just implied that having a high skill cap doesn’t mean you can’t be OP.

Dive is still semi-viable though.

You obviously haven’t gone against a good widow then. With the current meta, countering a widow isnt easy especially when her positioning is good.
The whole point is snipers is the potential to kill, but a lack of mobility. The fact that they have Hanzo lunge goes right against that, along with Widow’s 4 second shorter hook before. They then both at the same time became meta, and it’s been the time of one shots.

As for Mercy, the main reason they’re doing this is so Ana and Moira are more viable. It’s been over a year since Ana was even relevant, the most skillful support hero. It just simply shouldn’t be like that. A meta that doesn’t favor her? Sure. A whole year+? No
Mercy needed a change because of simply how powerful her kit is. Her only weakness is that she can’t output damage on her own. And before you say I don’t know anything about Mercy, I do.

2 Likes

I think that’s what mechanical skill is supposed to be? OP is frustrated because high skill demanding heroes like Widow, get the short end of the stick when a hero like Brigitte counter an entire team comp.

This game is an FPS, if all this game is going to amount to is counter picking and holding M1 I think a lot of people (myself included) would just leave. I get some people are new to FPS and this is their first game, so heroes like Moira and Mercy are good to have, but they get so busted that anyone can use them effectively… What happened to the mechanical skill?..

The nerfs just further cater to the hold M1 meta and it’s honestly irritating. In short; I don’t want to lose against someone who just has to hold left click and swing a flail around to kill me while I actually have to aim.

4 Likes

^^^^^This exactly :frowning:

1 Like

We’re -terrible- on the same team together, we disagree on Mercy idealism, but I almost always find myself agreeing with your points on meta and nerfs, ShadowDragon.

1 Like

:joy: I know Im blunt, stubborn, and opinionated so I dont have any hard feelings with anybody on here. :+1: But I do (try) to put thought into my posts so thank you

EDIT: Wait, we played together?

so what? did you expect dive to be killed off? it’s not like it’s the most used team comp

Oh yeah, we’ve been on teams plenty. We’re both pretty poorly ranked at comp, if I recall, but its usually QP.

Haa. Well dang, you’d might as well add me. :joy: JJSUPREMACY & Sevyn25 (use the latter one the most)

Hitscans are also supposed to be good at range. Why does snipers have to rule the meta?