Widow Aim Delay?

So I have noticed that Widow’s scope isn’t accurate if you do super fast flick shots. They seem to only shoot relatively close to where you were last aiming, but not exact, there seems to be some kind of delay. For slow movements it seems fine, but I noticed flick shots are not accurate to aim. Is this caused maybe by servertickrate ? I made a clip to show the specific issue but I can’t post links.

They nerfed quickscoping long ago by introducing a scope/aim delay if i’m not mistaken.

No, not quickscoping, but like fully charged and moving your scope around really fast loses accuracy

You have to consider that from clicking M1 until the signal is transformed in to a widow shot, lot’s of delay was added. Or maybe you have mouse acceleration ingame or in drivers enabled, which would mess with your aim a lot. Razer for an instance allows a 4 stage DPI increase depending on the mouse acceleration. I’ve tested that once and it made my gameplay look like someone was tugging me around.

No, it’s not my mouse. I have acceleration turned off and use a logitech G Pro. The second I click it fires, but if I do a flick shot the game registers it behind. I suspect it has to do with either the game engine or server tickrate but I am not 100% certain. If I could contact devs some how that would be helpful. Also I have a 17ms ping with Ethernet if you think it’s my internet.

There are no devs in blizzard, only hamsters. kek

You got this issue with ana or ashe?

Post the clip, edit the link like h_ttp instead of http or mask it in some other way that human forum users can understand it.

If there is an issue it is probably on your end though.

h ttps://clips.twitch.tv/FurtiveFragileDumplingsUWot So it may look like I just click and keep moving my mouse but that’s not it I stop the exact time I shoot.

Think you’re trying to shoot too quick, not saying this as stating the obvious, went in the practice range to test it myself. Focus on the thing your trying to hit, not on clicking quick, if muscle memory doesnt fail you, you should be on target. It might not feel like you’re shooting to early but I really think you are.

I have the same thing with Tracer actually, when I try to be (too) fast I tend to Q + blink instead of blink + Q. Kinda the same thing is happening in your clip, a sequence of actions is not executing properly.

Be careful it doesn’t become muscle memory, otherwise do drills to get the proper feel back.

To post an unclickable link, please wrap the contents between two tick marks like so:

`www.playoverwatch.com`

As for your original problem we need to learn more details about your connection performance and system to Overwatch this includes your Latency and your Simulation Rate. Learn more about how to get these values in this guide:

1 Like

Ok, I did the test, but how should I give the information? I don’t want to dox myself if it has IP address in it

What I would just like to know is some simple things like your Latency (or Ping) and your Simulation rate. Just type those down. The IP address in the NetGraph goes to the game server you were connected to NOT your own.

I hope this is what you wanted 1 Blizzard Blizzard 6.823 ms 6.887 ms 6.899 ms 11.869 ms 11.891 ms 11.916 ms 11.868 ms 11.891 ms 11.915 ms 12.126 ms 12.138 ms 12.148 ms 44.574 ms 44.586 ms 44.625 ms 44.032 ms 42.533 ms 42.523 ms 41.365 ms 39.269 ms 39.264 ms 39.159 ms 39.163 ms 39.369 ms 45.101 ms 43.506 ms 43.498 ms 38.327 ms 38.132 ms 38.624 ms 42.632 ms 42.032 ms 42.298 ms 43.378 ms 44.439 ms 44.564 ms That is the Trace Route with no addresses shown, here is ping ping statistics —
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2997ms

Oh you had a traceroute completed? Its a little disorganized, try simply omitting the first two IP addresses, but please keep all other information like line breaks.

I was just wanting to get your average numbers reporting from the NetGraph in the game client (press Ctrl+Shift+N while in any game mode). Basically I am just curious on what your average Latency is and what the average SIM rate is (which can only be seen from the NetGraph) to determine how much time is being spent processing data on a button press.

Ping was 8, 20, and 29. and SIM was 4.6, 5.8, and 17.0 these numbers are from the in game graph

Those values are very healthy and as fast as possible as they can be so I don’t think there is any specific issues with your system. Can you please provide the link to the video clip you said you had, again just wrap the video URL betwen two tick marks like so:

`www.videourl.com/link`

Sure https://clips.twitch.tv/FurtiveFragileDumplingsUWot

I am not sure if there is anything specifically wrong from what I am seeing. Right now your flicks are extremely wide so its difficult to make a visual determination. It would be a bit more helpful to see you go against at least some practice bots as that is more likely to show actual line-of-sight checks in action. I think bullet marks on the wall are an approximation of where you shot (kind of like how a spray is put down) but don’t hold me to that.

Ok here it is https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedDifficultBubbleteaMVGame the issue only appears for very fast movement.

Playing your clips at 0.2x speed (downloaded it and used PotPlayer) the audible click is very early, sometimes at the start of the flick. There is definitely a delay between the click and the weapon fire on screen but I don’t think that involves server action, that is client side input lag and that’s normal.

Generally the problem with input is a high input delay, you are experiencing the opposite, the game registers you shooting before you feel you shoot yourself, even with input lag.

I don’t know what you feel but this is what I see in the clips.