Why Your In Your Rank

Unless you’re a top 500 or bottom 500 player, everyone should have an overall winrate very close to 50% if they play enough. That’s why I don’t understand people who claim to always have a 60% or better winrate. Eventually those people should climb to the rank they actually belong at where they can only win 50% of the time until they start improving again.

3 Likes

I’m very bad too xD, but that does not help probably.

1 Like

It’s kind along the lines of, no matter how bad you are you’ll still have a 50% win ratio.

1 Like

Seriously. It never feels like the enemy team was really outsmarting us anymore. Its always a thrower, or a stubborn one trick that won’t switch, or a stack that only coordinates with eachother, or some other embarrassingly easy problem to solve that just never gets acknowledged.

Makes me wonder why I even bother with team based games anymore, it’s not like I can get enough people together to play them with.

2 Likes

i’m stuck in silver because my teammates are so trash and i make 0 mistakes and my team is too trash to carry myself.

jk but in all honesty, i’m stuck in silver because i played comp when i was angry and i’m stuck in silver because of mccree being meta

1 Like

Win rate is unrelated to player skill, because competitive play is algorithmically handicapped. More information:

4 Likes

No, that’s what narcissistic tin foil hats have interpreted an out of context statement from devs to mean. They said the matchmaker does its best to provide a 50/50 game based on your MMR. That doesn’t mean it forced losses when you get above 50 or gives you free wins when you get below 50.

50% win rate is NOT enforced by the matchmaker. I’ve gone bronze to mid plat without a single loss multiple times ranking up smurf accounts and I’m only diamond/masters depending on the meta.

4 Likes

not really lots people are stuck at their ranks because of smurfs, alt accounts for events even, throwers, and leavers.

But i think the worse offenders are groups carrying people or their friend,significant other, etc because it places people in that group unfairly in SR they shouldn’t be. There would be so many people in different ranks than they are right now even if they seperated group que and solo que and updated the match maker and made it more fluid and where all SR’s can degrade the less you play and make top 500/leader boards and the scoreboards during game better and BOOM but nahh this company seems to have given up till ow2…

1 Like

Clown, people still climb and fall, and get to the rank they deserve over time, has nothing to do with ur tinfoil hat conspiracy.

5 Likes

What a rude and ignorant thing to say.

1 Like

Smurfs, throwers, leavers, matchmaker and “bad teammates” as you guys with “absolutely 0 mistakes” like to put it like. They barely have an impact on your rank. You guys just like constantly complain instead of actually owning up to your mistakes and fix them.

The only ignorant thing is you spamming that terrible post.

5 Likes

That would only make sense if you only played a couple of games where it was all in your favor/against you. But in reality when you play more, you have matches that are solely decided by your performance

1 Like

Duh? People who are hard stuck are more then likely to have a 50% win rate give or take. Cuz you know, when you are in the rank you belong that is what you win-rate generally is.

It’s amusing watching people make dumb claims to excuse how poorly they play.

3 Likes

Why do you think my post is “terrible?” Do you think it’s false?

1 Like

read up on my past posts before saying this

never once have i said i never make mistakes hell i over critique my own game play let alone some one else’s in my vod’s ill watch what occurred from different point of views. all I’m saying it’s pretty obvious GENERALLY who the person(s) being carried is on the team especially after watching the replay(s) and watch it all the way through multiple times. I make mistakes all the time so does anyone top 500 included “we” don’t think we don’t make mistakes but a lot of people in this game play with blinders on or are extremely drunk or something because good lord some times you have to wonder about your teammates because not every loss is your fault :).

1 Like

My reality is opposite. I had far more impact on matches when i was literally one of the worst players in the game in every single category of skill often unintentionally feeding. Why? Because the other teams were also really bad & my teams were carrying my dead weight allowing me to be a bit useful.

Now after like 1.5 years of practicing hard i am atleast 3 to 4 times better overall as a player but i literally have little to no impact because of massive team diffs the match maker is putting me in. Near Perfect enemy teams while have weak sheeps for team mates. Its literally like the difference between 5th graders vs professional coordinated athletes outmatchking you in every single way. I cannot even lose with some integrity. Nope, ‘You are going to lose and lose in the worst way possible with no chance’ is basically what the mathcmaker is saying. I might as well get spawncamped hard for the whole match atleast its honest in its brutalness where this game gives you false hope that you can do something when you cant.

Despite being at my highest skill my performance is at its lowest same with wins. The matchmaking in this game is beyond cursed. I am consistently 500 SR higher on the other account getting enemy teams atleast twice as bad as my main account & actual get what i can call a team. Why?? & No its not because i haven’t played enough on it i actually played far more on it in the last 6 + months.

1 Like

My friend. Unfortunately he is 100% right.

I have a 44% winrate on DPS and still gain more SR than I lose thanks to PBSR, so I think you’re wrong.

2 Likes

Yes

Not every loss is your fault, that is for sure, but there is still always things that you can fix and improve to increase the chance of winning

Who?

1 Like

Cuthbert. He is correct about the MM system.

2 Likes