Why you will never climb!

Stopped reading there.

I’m not interested in listening to anything a cheater has to say.

4 Likes

You can blame smurfs, and everything else about this game, but in reality, higher ranked people give you advise and you fail to try it. There is NOT a smurf in every game you play. The longer you play, the better your aim and tracking will become, the other aspects that are needed to climb, you just refuse to do, and thats your downfall. Take the advise… dont take the advise, makes no diffrence to me, but to those that do want to climb out of elo hell, try some of the tips given from people higher than you. Think of it as free coaching from GMs and Master players.

On another note… seems alot don’t know what BM’ing someone is… Bad Mouthing… talking trash to your team. It just never does any good, you accomplish nothing.

And with that… have a good night and great holidays!

I agree with numbers 2, 3,4,6 and 7, don’t agree with the first due to the fact I’m mainly a support player and i don’t need comms because I have a knack for adapting on the fly.

Also don’t agree with number 5 due to the fact that even BMing your own team means nothing, when the person making the bad choices in the game that was BM’d is ultimately what was the starting of the loss.

But no you are right for the most part and Once i went the same way your wife did, i was never not in bronze for any of the seasons i have played in and it is sickening.

You don’t need any coms in this game, you don’t need switch heroes at all. No skills - low rank. It’s only personal performance based. Why GM people easy climb from bronze to their rank? Because they’re belongs it. They could do it solo easy, because they have skills, they using abilities right as it should and etc. All people different otherwise there is no ranks at all and all will be in one league. As example myself - I couldn’t drop as tank below 900 even I whole match kill myself or shoot the wall (just example, not doing it in match, of course) and I can’t climb to 700 as healer even I whole game “on fire”. This is because my hidden personal performance based MMR and I’m belong to bronze. Using voice, text, following teammates command won’t make me better.

No real reason to climb, from what I hear the same problems in gold are in master’s too. Except seal clubbing montages…that’s what our ranks are for eh? Source of income…pay them to boost your account. Then watch that scrub free fall back do n the ranks laying blame left and right.

Competitive Overwatch is handicapped to limit the effectiveness of tank and healer pairs:

1 Like

Also, the expectation that tanks are your kiddie day care patrons is a logical fallacy…a tanks " job" is to apply pressure and chaos on the frontlines…this is how " space is made". The shield is for the express use of the tank to allow him to do this…it is not expressly for the team…the team may benefit from it…just as a team benefits from a dps countering a widow or a pharmacy or a doomfist…

The reason your " tanks suck" is because they’ve been conditioned to play tanks the wrong way…by petulant DPS and supports who don’t even know what their own roles are. Tanks can’t do their job…if you can’t do yours…

There is a good reason why people don’t join voice coms in Overwatch. It has one of the worst communities out there. You get flammed for just about everything, no one wants to come home from a long day at work and have a group of man children yell at them over a game. I don’t blame people for not wanting to join coms at all. Maybe it’s different in your palace in the sky at masters but in plat it’s full of racist a-holes and just troll and be toxic.

3 Likes

Come to Bronze darling, nobody is in comms, no-bo-dy

2 Likes

you’re to blame for this game sucking as much as it does

3 Likes

It is taboo to speak of how the matchmaker clearly works on the forums. You might want to edit your post before some GM player denies its functionality.

“Because if you are GM you can just climb bro.”

3 Likes

lol, anytime I complain about climbing problems I usually get the common generic response; “Get gud”

1. What to do about a Leroy Jenkins Rein who charges out, leaving the team and feeding? “Get gud”
  2. A teammate is being hard countered and won’t switch to anything else, what should I do? “Get gud”
  3. Our team keeps feeding and won’t group up, what is the best solution? “Get gud”
  4. As support, my team is so spread out I can barely heal anyone and die more often because we won’t group up, what should I do? “Get gud”
  5. Leavers quit the matches so often, making it really hard to win, what should I do? “Get gud”

So when players feed, that’s my fault. When tanks push out and die, that’s my fault. When players won’t switch being hard countered, that’s my fault. As a healer, team spread out? My fault. People leaving/quitting matches? My fault.

So in reality, now I simply take all the responsibility for every loss we have as a team. I don’t see any other way to approach it. We lost because somehow I could not overcome all of these problems. I simply need to take responsibility for every single mistake my team makes and “get gud”. That is how I will climb.

2 Likes

If both sides are doing all these things wrong, then wouldn’t half of them advance?

Also, it takes a MINIMUM of 3-4 players to kill one of the other enemy team in my games. They are otherwise invulnerable.

That’s what I don’t understand to get to that skill you have to play against good enemies and improve. So unless you are Masters there is no “just play like GM”, you can’t your enemies are Bots even if you 1v6 you won’t improve and just frustrate.
You don’t have to be GM in order to climb but it’s your best chance. If your enemies have a smurf so what he is also GM at best.
Your teammates are terrible? So what you’re GM just farm enemies. They know you are your teams win condition and focus you? Just get a pocket Healer lul.

Just because a Streamer can get to Top 500 multiple times doesn’t mean Matchmaking is balanced there is just nothing that could challenge them on their way.
Your average Joe however will never climb because even if he improves the difficulty will just increase drastically and pull him back where he “belongs”.

The matchmaker works to sort the ends of the curve, GM and Bronze. The middle 80% is a complete mess however.

A large part of the problem is casual players not playing enough to end up at their proper rank (~150 games per major patch). So they ruin the skill curve in the middle.

A recent large issue is 600hr mercy mains in say…low diamond…being gifted high plat dps accts by a busted placement system. Then they crash and burn their way down to silver (ruining hundreds of games along the way). The same goes for the other 2 roles, with dps mains instalocking RoadHog…crashing 700sr all the while spamming “IhaVeGolDdaMaGe1!!”.

Then there are the smurfs/alts and throwers.

Huh so I am not the only one thinking casuals are the bigger problem. Yes I agree with your points.
Although I fall into that category with my lack of motivation for comp.
If thinks where more balanced I might be interested in climbing again but right now I can’t even imagine getting a decent team 10 times in a row.
I ain’t that lucky you know.

There is this button, it is next to the name of players, i think it mutes them. Interesting button.

:innocent:

1 Like

You may need to follow your own advice here. LOL

Dont know what you mean as i dont BM my team. If a rein charges 3 million miles away… :“Hey rein, dont charge such long distances… short charges, against a wall.” i dont resort to name calling!

So on ther words, it’s the community’s fault your wife is bronze/silver?

You fail to realize that smurfs, like you, are one of the main reasons people fail to climb. But according to blizz, smurfing is not the problem.

1 Like