Why would YOU be happy with a forced 2-2-2

Fair enough.

I am sorry, but what the actual heck? Are you like blind or stupid or both? You need to take but one look at the forum to see a ā€œgazillionā€ posts about people complaining being forced to switch so they donā€™t have to run these weird comps!

Stalling tactics are actually what makes 2cp most hated maps to play on by majority of OW community, so Iā€™d be careful waving that argument ā€œpalā€. Besides, Dps can switch to tracer/mei, Supports can switch to Moira/Lucio and Tanks can switch to wrecking ball/ d.va, so stall tactics would still exist.

Also, you are talking about ā€œelimination of certain compositionsā€ when 99.9% of the community does not run these comps - ever. You normally only get stuck with 3-2-1 or 4-1-1 because people refuse to switch to 2-2-2!

2-2-2 will help devs balance the heroes more easily.
2-2-2 will help improve match making because SR will more accurately reflect your SR at a certain role most of the time.

No you are not sorry but you just broke the COC. Take a chill pill and smell the sulfur ok ?

No they wont. And just because you hate it, doesnt mean the rest does. Again take a chill pill.
Quad tank works for stalling, just like quad support. Learn your facts before ranting out without an actual solid base.

Congratulations on destroying your own point :rofl:
If 99% of the community does not run them and the use 2-2-2 ā€¦ why the FORCED 2 2 2 is needed ? then it isnt.

The truth is, those comps are run, multiple times and switches between roles happen. A LOT.

No one said otherwise.

Its literally the only ā€œadvantageā€ of that system and even so, it can lead to people throwing on other roles because ā€œthey only care about their DPS SRā€.

I am sorry, I just donā€™t do passive aggressive as well as you do and dance around the COC while still insulting the other person. I prefer a direct, more honest approach. Also, I did in no way ā€œdestroy my pointā€. Most people want 2-2-2 and complain when they canā€™t run 2-2-2 in their games (which happens often enough that forums are flooded by such posts).

Your counter arguments for not implementing 2-2-2 are:
-stall tactics (which make 2cp miserable)
-freedom to play comps majority of the community doesnā€™t want to see in their games

Meanwhile, youā€™re saying switches do happen while at the same time complaining about players. Experience tells me that people rarely switch, and especially if you ask them to.

1 Like

Well, Stylosa is over-convinced that the role-queque is the solution for fix matchmaking. He said over and over about role-queque in their many videos and it didnt surprised me that he drilled Jeff with the same question.

I dont think that the Pros want role-queque.
If LFG has the bad result because many are unsatisfied, then itā€™s high possible that a forced role will have the same result.

2-2-2 is better than 5 DPS + 1 tank/healer; 6 DPS; 4 DPS + 1 tank + 1 healer.
And the blame for losing goes always to the tanks/healers

1 Like

ā€œI want to talk to people about 2-2-2 and a concept of role queue that everybody is really fascinated with and interested in. We actually really love this idea.ā€

ā€œI think itā€™s a great idea and I can go on at lenght to why I think Overwatch can and will be better with a rolequeue that locks people to a 2-2-2 comp.ā€

ā€œSo, I donā€™t want people to panic because, like I said, Iā€™m a huge fan of rolequeue and Iā€™m a huge fan of the 2-2-2 meta.ā€

So jeff has implied he wants it, as he said he is a huge fan of the idea and thinks it would and will be better for Overwatch.

He hasnā€™t said itā€™s in development, though, youā€™re right, my bad. I rewatched the video.

I guess by Blizzcon we could get an update on whether they started working on it, or dropped the idea.

2 Likes

First game of the day I pick zarya and the remaining 5 players locked dps. I cant wait for 222

2 Likes

Because itā€™s actually logical to want to have people who are good at what theyā€™re playing.
Iā€™ve actually won games while having Genji 1 tricks playing against Winstons, Cowboys etc.
I have lost 100% of the matches when people say ā€œguys, iā€™ll fillā€, ā€œIā€™m flex, pick what you wantā€. The reason is simple: they underperformed on every hero they picked.

2 Likes

Itā€™s precisely the opposite, actually. A forced composition supports one-role-ing.

Flex players know that there is a time where 1-4-1 may be superior, or 2-1-3, or 3-3, or whatever else. They are actively hamstrung by fixed role compositions.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually been in development a while, the Winter Yeti Hunter Event actually has rĆ“le queue for Winston.

This, I hate it because itā€™s a soft hero lock. We just donā€™t have enough Tanks or Support, and the length of queue is a put off for players switching their DPS.

My concern with role based SR is there are probably many players that may be better at one hero in a role.

Say for example DPS and the player is good at Sym. Thrnplayer has a high SR, but people will complain and false reports that person. But switching to another dps would now be effectively playing a hero they are less skilled at and the SR system has them playing ā€œabove their rankā€ with a hero they arenā€™t good at.

At higher ranks players will gravitate toward highbskill ceiling heroes, resulting in an actually very narrow meta. OWL will most likely end up with mirror matches and players will end up getting just as bored watching the same heroes over and again.

Most games are 4+ DPS on both sides with me being relegating to support for the first two years of the game. So yeah, I canā€™t see role que being worse because I only get a group of players willing to swap to make a proper team 1:10 matches. At this point Iā€™m bored of healing and tired of no team synergy. So if I have to que as DPS and wait 10 minutes, but that means Iā€™ll have tanks an heals and they wonā€™t be meā€¦hell yes.

2 Likes

Because my time would no longer be wasted on quad DPS matches where we sit in spawn until one of our DPS remembers the type of game they are playing, or gets do incredibly bored and frustrated that they leave, and we finally get at least one tank to do literally anything with ā€“ but the game ends

2 Likes

I never properly answered the question but basically, Iā€™ll just be happy to play a game where solo-healing 4/5 dps-instalockers becomes a thing of the past. Sick of playing games where the comp is clearly imbalanced, but people tilt when you ask for a swap.

Also, they say it will make balancing the game easier, so that means that balance changes just may come faster?

Either way, as a support main, the pros outweigh the cons for me.

1 Like

I really donā€™t care regardless. It doesnā€™t negatively affect me in anyway based on what I play.

A lot of what youā€™re saying already happens in overwatch. I primarily play tanks and when I find myself having to play dps I tend to underperform. At least with the new system this will only happen to people who overly specialize in a particular hero and not to anyone whoā€™s found themselves a little better at one general role than the others.

As for high ranks and overwatch league, narrow metas and mirror matches have always been the name of the game. That said, blizzard would be at least a little better positioned to balance the game while balancing for a comp of 2-2-2, instead of having to balance around every possible configuration of teams.

1 Like

I used to be annoyed in 2016 or 2017 whenever my team would have Hanzo and Widowmaker on it at the same time.

Iā€™m nowadays annoyed whenever Iā€™ve got Hanzo, Widowmaker, Ashe, McCree, and Ana, especially when the Ana pockets the Widowmaker, and the Widowmaker averages 2k damage per 10 minutes.

Forced 2-2-2 might be the best thing to happen to me in the game since finding out there was a man with a ten-foot hammer.

1 Like