Why won't Devs remove Shadow Step?

Name another ability you can’t use in combat.

When did they change it so you cant use it in combat? idk how many clips ive seen him tele out of a pulse or a self destruct.

1 Like

are you serious? It makes you literally invulnerable to EVERYTHING and reloads your gun, you DO NOT have to stop moving to use it as you claim above.

Symmetra’s teleporter, they’re both underpowered though…

They’re talking about his useless teleporting ability, you’re thinking of wraith form.

Kinda further proves their point since it’s so useless it can be forgotten about lol.

2 Likes

Id believe that if they didn’t just give the Symm teleporter the same mechanic.

Sym teleporter can bring an entire team in higher grounds and escape. Try again.

Reaper’s teleport is legitimately awful, and I agree it’s one of the things they could have looked to improving before buffing the life leech. Reaper’s overall kit is so dated and buffing Wraith Form was a long overdue change, but Shadow Step is still the same janky ability that gets you killed half the time you use it.

Shadow step isn’t great but its not bad if you use it properly

2 Likes

Shadow Step is terrible, but most of the suggestions here help to explain why nobody in this thread is employed as a game designer.

That is hilarious. Ive put about 15 hours on Symm since changes. The most that have ever used my teleporter – in an ENTIRE game – was either 5 or 6 players.

What’s wrong with my suggestion?

Your suggestion is a free kill against most heroes, followed by a gigantic movement speed boost that makes him nearly as fast as wrecking ball. What’s right about it?

Roadhog does the same pretty much, but they come to him instead of you to them, you still have to aim, not every hero is same height, plus the movement speed would throw you off from normal speed, it’s just a gap closer.

They’ve spent three years preventing you from using shadow step to reach unintended locations. I wouldn’t wanna remove it either LOL

Not my favorite ability but I suppose it has its uses.

If I could change Shadow Step, I would make it work like Doomfist’s ult.

• He does the sinking animation when you hit the skill (vulnerable)
  • After he is gone, you gain control of where he will appear just like with Doomfist – should be a cap on the range like 25m.
  • When the timer is done or you click the skill again, he starts to rise from that spot (vulnerable).

This will slow down his Shadow Step’s speed (since you have to manually move him to place) but it allows him to teleport to locations out of LOS, essentially letting him disappear/flank more effectively.

If it feels too strong, steps could be made to balance it. This would give the guy with strong, lifestealing shotguns…

• One ability that reloads his weapons and makes him faster/invulnerable
  • Another ability that allows him to appear in unpredictable locations around corners/above enemies.

add reaper damage on shotguns he throws away. 50 damage per each shotgun if it hits hero

Reaper can’t really have an additional combat ability or otherwise he would become a powerhouse and a huge walking balance issue for months as devs already have plenty on their plate. He also needs some sort of a mobility so either way there aren’t that many other ways than Shadowstep to achieve that unless you give like instant vertical movement ability that disables him.

If you are playing Reaper and think shadow step is useless, you don’t know how to play Reaper.

2 Likes

I personally like it. You just have to watch line of sight. If you pay attention to things and use it when the enemy team is distracted by yours, it can work. Also in places like Anubis point b you can teleport into that dark area behind them usually without them seeing you do it. Literally anyone you lure in there is gonna die 1v1 to Reaper.