Why Widowmaker is OP

Exuse me? Ana is easily the best support, in GM the is NO REASON to pick either of the other main healers over her (other than quad dps/pharah)
She already needs a nerf, no healer should have a 11% pickrate (people justified mercy nerfs due to her 11% winrate)

I don’t really care about this “skill curve” nonesense. Mercy/Moira are both rather bad in masters+

Heck I cant get through one masters game without someone asking for me to switch off of moira or mercy, I’ve even had people tell me that moira is a throw pick

The only reason people want to nerf snipers, is because they have a high skill cap, and their player base actually improved over time.

1 Like

When I said put them after her, I meant fight her once they are in close range where Widow is less likely to blow their heads off, and they are more likely to damage her.

Plus, as a bonus, you sneak up on a Widow with Mcree and you get the flashhammer for a free kill. I play in masters games regularly, and you’d be suprised how easy it is to suprise a Widow if you find yourself behind them, even there. Their focus on the shooting hurts their awareness

1 Like

you aren’t sheilded from nerfs just because you are hard to play.

2 Likes

Yeah but last patch and past that Orisa was a joke as a main tank.

Again they nerfed stuff now her barrier is meta. None of that stuff is Widow’s fault that dm and armor went away.

She didn’t go into Geoff’s office with the finger on the trigger to make life easier for snipers.

She’s not the problem. The overnerfing and universal nerfs are a problem.

Just like universally making ults slower gonna hit some heroes harder than others further diluting hero value and limiting optimal plays

I’m not in the mood to deal with your delusions and strawmen, SlayerAdam, so why don’t you just go read this post for a detailed explanation as to why people want snipers nerfed?

1 Like

Okay, I play Widow. I don’t like people asking for nerfs because I like playing her. But this is true to an extent. Granted, she reduces her sight line control to smaller slivers by doing this (reducing angles means less opportunities to make an impact), but you can definitely still one shot people. I don’t agree that a good Hammond or Sombra can’t threaten Widow when she does this though.

Being hard to play is a massive balancing factor.
You can’t have people work 10x harder for the same reward, there would be no point in getting gud…

1 Like

Well it would depend what you nerf. Most likely her gun. So if a sniper from far away is not a threat especially one shot threat, then what is the point.

And not really arguing here cause I am not presented with what exactly should be nerfed. Most suggestions on this forum have been, I don’t want the sniper to be able to snipe me across the map with a sniper rifle.

I don’t know if sniper community is elitist, never been to one of their meetings.

But I do know mains tantrums come with every hero in this game.

that still does not mean that you are immune to nerfs because you are hard.

Thing about mercy/brig is that their usefulness caps out way earlier than ana/zen, which is why they are better, but that still does not mean it is fair for widowmaker to be better than other dps/ana be better than other healers
(when I say better I mean THAT MUCH BETTER)

3 Likes

Ah i see. But wouldn’t it easier to sneak up on her with other flankers. Do you think master+ widow can 1 shot master+ Genji, Tracer or Doom consistently?

So what we need isnt more tanking. Just a reliable anti sniper options that arent gamebreaking as much as Anti dive hero no1

Orisa must have been the idea of anti spam tank, so you cannot just stand hundreds miles away shooting her shield as snipers.
But was nerfed cause all 222 dps will feel spam doesnt work.
Hammond must be the non headshot tank option. But isnt working best cause of CC.

Maybe we need a tank that eats up all spam but cant fight anything near.
Or a dps that has utility like Sombra and makes long range weapons useless for duration like hack

Widow already has an overall negative winrate BECAUSE she is hard.
She is already balanced, same with Ana compared to other healers.
Low skill cap is not an excuse to be OP, you’ll need to play better if you want to match better players than you.

Doomfist might not be a good choice unless you actually sneak up on her, he’s pretty loud and has a big head hitbox.

As for the other flanker dps, they are infact better options. Genji and Sombra have much easier times approaching Widow, and Tracer is good if she can approach. I was just giving options for Horizon since that map has plenty of covered flank routes you can use with slower dps.

Edit: If you can approach and chase her without dying, Doomfist is probably the single best character to chase her with though. Having so many movement and damage options does give him an edge if he doesn’t die.

1 Like

Well, it’s quite simple, really: look at how Ashe is designed. That’s how a sniper should be designed in this game.

Widowmaker is an all-or-nothing character that fluctuates between a throw pick and an unstoppable god depending on how good you are with her.

Ashe is a balanced character at every rank with a healthy winrate, who rewards skillful play and good aim, but not to the point where you can delete half of the enemy team in a matter of seconds with little to no counterplay.

3 Likes

no, widowmaker has a negative winrate because she forces the entire enemy team to deal with her, and once they do that she wont be able to do anything (a team should not be able to change their entire comp just to counter her)

She also has a negative winrate because people play her in lower ranks where they should not be playing her.

then why is every meta specifically made to be good against widowmaker, why is she good against dive? (she was one of the best heros for dive)

And high skill cap is not an excuse to be OP

???
what?
I play in masters with mercy, I dont think it is about me playing better (yes I could improve, and no widowmaker is not what holds me back from ranking up_

3 Likes

Yes she is. I can’t stand playing a match hiding behind corners or shields all the time just because she exists there. Doesn’t matter the rank if you leave her there she’ll eventually hit some shots that will win fights.

I don’t know about making Widowmaker like Ashe because why would I ever pick Widow ever again when I got Ashe?

This game already has that problem of why pick this hero when this hero does more with less weakness.

I’ve only got a three piece with Widow twice in all my plays of her. If others can do it consistently then hot damn they need get into Contenders.

I’ve been on the receiving end of a Widow shutting my team down. It’s rough but once we switched to dive much easier to deal with her.

1 Like

Not eventually. The winrate issue does say there are games she cant do that eventually sometimes. And that results in losing.
But that is also depends on how much each team is good and the maps. Still if she is good and maps favor her, others have very small options.

Both of them have 0 mobility and they cannot one shot you. Maybe Zen if he discords and charges but isn’t the same and takes a very good of time to charge it on max.

Widowmaker has 0 counters besides herself. You cannot even fight her because 99% of the hero cast have damage fall off and if you dive her ( which is extremely hard since season 12) your risk losing a TF over and over.