Why we need Mercy back!

Some peope just don’t realise how broken 60HPS Mercy with Mass Rez and an E ability would be.

Main healer with a defensive ult + utility. that’s…too much.

1 Like

How do you report someone as “spamming” for making their only thread and a single post? It didn’t break the forums CoC. Yet here we are.

“You guys”…?

That’s a strange projection for you to make, based on past posts and the blind suspicions you’ve made… Oh well. You do you I suppose! :smiley:

As I said before, and despite your self-proclamations…

False flagging a thread from a single post as “spam” is abuse of the report system. Period. Whether you perceive them as “new” or not is irrelevant to that fact.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

She’s not impactful because her biggest impact play is with rez. We are in a very tanky meta where if a teammate dies they will be swarmed by stampede of mega hp monsters. There is no way she can get a rez off now. If these ptr changes really hurt tanks to where we see triple dps or more dive she will be more impactful because everything will probably be more spread out giving her more opportunities to land a clutch rez.

Like I said; spam isn’t the only option for reporting.

And yes, you guys-- you can say my suspicion is “blind” all you want but I think a lot of the forum is onto you, how you operate, etc. and these new tactics you’re trying to employ are not a shocker in the slightest.

2 Likes

Oh I can? Well let me stop you right there then, since you gave me permission…

At least we both can agree on something. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

True but I could bet the hidden penalty was in place for number of flags and in all honesty the thread just looks particularly troll-y and inflammatory, you can say whatever you want about the topic but if enough people find your claims as trolling you’ll be silenced

Factually, her pickrate dropped as low as 6% in early November of 2017, when there were only 4 healers in the game and when Mercy was still a must-pick in competitive play, thus eliminating “there are more healers to play” and game balance as potential sources for this drop in pickrate. Thus, the remaining factor is how fun and engaging the hero is.

Would you be so kind as to highlight said improper methodology for us? Because according to my past experiences with you on this topic, the only reason you have for this position is that the survey results do not support your position.

I’ve said it many times, and I’ll say it again: Statistics do not become void simply upon the basis that you don’t like them.

Number of Likes. That’s how a post is determined to be the most popular one. There is our accurate measure.

I would be interested in seeing how that plays out too. Unfortunately, that option no longer exists, so we are left with the metrics given to us. Those metrics show that the post is the most popular post of all time by a long shot.

Twitter also doesn’t have a “dislike” button, but that doesn’t change the fact that the most popular tweet of all time, whatever it may be, is the most popular tweet of all time.

Furthermore, that thread broke the #1 spot in under a month after it’s release, probably making it the post with the highest growth/time ratio ever on the Overwatch Forums for the first 1 month of their respective existences. Considering how fast it grew, it is more than safe to assume that even if downvotes were a thing, that thread would still be the most popular thread of all time; unpopular posts don’t become the most heavily upvoted post of all time on a forum site in under a month.

As if all of that didn’t prove the point, you also might notice that on the first page of the “Top” section under “All-Time”, there is not a single post on the first page that expresses, directly or overtly, the opposite position of that which is held in the #1 post.

One will also find that these posts are often numerous posts created by the same user as arguments are passed back and fourth between myself, other Mercy mains, and the players in question. One will also find that the posts expressing affirmations towards what was stated in the OP have much more support than the posts attempting to counter what was stated in the OP.

Your belief is factually incorrect.

6 Likes

Nah… I think it was falsely flagged. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that one. 1 single post? Yeah no… I’m not buying that… :smiley:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

It’s not anonymous if you state that you flagged a post… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

It is a sample nonetheless. When repeated samples are of this size and all indicate the same thing, one can conclude that the overall population can be reflected by those samples.

5 Likes

falsely flagged multiple times? again, you can say whatever you want about the intent but people feel how they feel

I’ll also remind you that number of flags can get your post hidden, specifically before a mod reviews it, might as well stop freaking out about something that a mod could fix with a bit of time

implies that she left in the first place

And why is that?

Sorry kiddo, but statistics don’t become irrelevant because you don’t like what they say.

5 Likes

I flagged this response

or did I?

What are you gonna do about it?

You’ll never know

I remain anonymous. It’s the internet

That was your lesson for today

your statistics are skewed and already steeped in bias , that’s why

that was your SECOND lesson for the day, daayyyyum! get schooled

2 Likes

9000 iq 13charsrequired

not when the sample is this small in comparison with the real pool of players, specifically because the bigger bulk of player is not a mercy main

Say we have 1 player for each hero in the game, we’d have 29 players, if the 1 player that represents Mercy wants mass rez back, you still have an outstanding majority of 28 players against you

Your sample is a portion of a portion of a portion of the players, nothing else

2 Likes

You clearly don’t know about moth meta.

I would rather one trick goats for the rest of my life than see a moth meta in one game. But in all honesty goats isn’t all that bad to play for me -shrugs-

2 Likes

Moth meta wasn’t that bad if you weren’t a support player lol, Mercy enabled every hero to be played whenever, the problem was if you wanted to use any other support you’d be forced to switch into Mercy which got old really quick

Care to explain how so?

5 Likes