Why we need Mercy back!

I understand that, but how can you not think this Mercy is more fun?

Agree or disagree: The most fun part of Mercy’s kit is her Guardian Angel.

If you agree then do you understand that Guardian Angel has only been buffed since the rework?

if so, how can you say she is more bland and boring when the most fun part of her kit has only been buffed?

4 Likes

Mass Res was the only fun part of the hero for some people. For whatever reason.

1 Like

It’s simple, Valkyrie has significant design issues, regardless whether or not you think it’s better or worst than other previous Mercy ults.

1 Like

Factually, I see Mercy in most of the games I play, even when I am not playing her

She is played at every level of the game, including pro

Many forum members are so fixated on her that they continue to talk about her even while admitting that they have not played her (or in some cases, the game of Overwatch) in a year or more

I dont find her boring at all to play, and many others feel the same way, as declared on one or more of the many Mercy thread sin these forums

5 Likes

i think its that they’ve been playing the same hero with the same bland kit for years and have grown tired of her, but believe that to make her fun again would be to bring back mass rez, in my opinion they only enjoyed playing her for her ultimate whereas the people that actually enjoyed her are the ones who prefer valkyrie.

6 Likes

So it’s literally just the ultimate

That’s… so unfortunate.
It’s almost like saying you don’t like Mercy, but you like Mass Resurrection.
The character, as a whole, is not really much different, but for some reason a bunch of people only liked Mercy for an ultimate. It comes off as superficial honestly.

I can’t think of another hero that is like that, honestly.

9 Likes

For me when I ult, it’s more of a ‘hey, 3 people need healing. guess I can ult and heal all of them at once.’ Like, there’s nothing really that makes it impactful for me. With other ults, I’m thinking of good times to use it and how it can be the most impactful. Mercy? “Hm, now seems good I guess.”

1 Like

Because you are not supposed to use it as a spectator mode.
Plenty of videos on the tube on how to use valk outside of holding down M1.

5 Likes

I agree that the most fun part of Mercy is her Guardian Angel. I love the bunny-hop that was added to it. They did, however, nerf Guardian Angel too by removing the cooldown reset upon a successful rez, thus preventing the swoop, rez, swoop. I understand why they did that, but it was still fun to do the swoop, rez, swoop maneuver.

What I find incredibly disruptive and that kills Mercy for me are the following:
Mercy’s kit no longer flows. I like being mobile, to swoosh swoosh while beam juggling and keeping an eye on enemy movements. Then suddenly I have concrete boots on and am frozen in place for 2 seconds just because I want to use my ability. I’d rather they removed rez than keep it with a movement penalty like that. It’s disruptive.

Valkyrie is incredibly dumbed down. A skillful Mercy need to beam-juggle, be alert and aware, need to worry a lot about survival, need to worry about placement to have an escape route with GA while staying in range for beams to be useful. Valkyrie takes away the need for such skill. For over 10% of your total playtime you don’t need great positioning because you have free flight and long beams, survival is a breeze because of automatic regeneration and long beams that helps you stay out of range, and you don’t need to beam juggle or target prioritize because your chain-beams take care of that. If Valkyrie was a 5 second ultimate it’d be fine, but 15 seconds kills any enjoyment for me. It’s way too long for being so boring and unengaging. It may be powerful and impactful, but God is it poorly designed.

6 Likes

Lol, I’ve had times when it was impactful. When I used it for a push and to move forward with my team.
But those times are few and far between.

True enough regarding it being subjective

I and many other Mercy players I know or know of feel that she is fun, engaging, balanced, and impactful

I concede that this is possible, but in the same sense that I concede it is possible that I might be hit by a meteor, or win the lottery (I’ll take the latter, please, if given a choice)

The experience of all of the recent reworks has shown me that reworks are bad for the reworked characters. Horrendously bad. I mained Torb at one time. He was reworked. Horrendous, in my opinion. I dont play Torb anymore.

As such, while it is possible that a rework would improve Mercy, I find it far more likely in the extreme that it will make her worse in the eyes of both those who like her as she is now and those who didnt.

It’s time to let it go.

7 Likes

Revert mercy thread #173828
No she isn’t going to get reverted or reworked any time she is statiscally balanced, Gloriousness and dramaticness Is irrelevant when we talk about balance.

10 Likes

This superficial explanation of resurrection is… dishonest in my opinion. I’ve already talked about this enough so I’m just going to say I disagree

Nothing new here. I’ve already talked about how I think this is an extremely unfair and superficial explanation of the ability and so I’m just going to say I disagree.

I’m sorry you can’t find the new Mercy fun, honestly.

I’m just so… tired of these threads man

3 Likes

The times when Valkyrie was not impactful for me are few and far between

4 Likes

but there will also be times with mass rez where you would rez your whole team, maybe even 3 people but they ended up dying again, mass rez isn’t always a guranteed sucess and neither is valk, that doesn’t justify why mass rez is better than valkyrie, or why valkyrie is a failure of an ultimate.

6 Likes

I presume you are speaking of using resurrect. If my presumption is incorrect, please ignore the following

Factually, Mercy does not “have concrete boots on” during rez

Factually, Mercy is not “frozen in place” during resurrect

A Mercy player can indeed choose to not have Mercy move while performing rez, but I would not recommend it

Blizzard devs sometimes have no idea what they are doing. I agree that Mercy was perfectly fine in her initial form and there absolutely no need for a change. In every game you are supposed to neutralize the healers first. Those people who were crying about Mercy bringing back the whole team are just bad at the game and can’t kill a good Mercy or don’t realize that you are SUPPOSED TO NEUTRALIZE THE HEALERS FIRST. In the end, a good character got butchered because too many people are bad at overwatch.

3 Likes

Fair enough. No point in arguing when neither of us are going to budge or change or view of things. I’m tired too. I’ve been complaining about Mercy no longer being fun since November of 2017 (over a year ago) when she was still a must-pick, and I’ve been all sort of insults along the way. Just like there are some who don’t want another rework because they like the current Mercy I would like another rework because this is not the Mercy I once loved. I can live without mass-rez, but Mercy before her rework was a lot more fun to me because there were no 15 second dreadful enjoyment killer. Valkyrie more than anything else, killed Mercy for me. However, the many insults and threats from team-members in quickplay games due to being a Mercy one-trick certainly did not help. I have not been playing since January 2018 in any case.

2 Likes

75% movement penalty when your enjoyment comes from soaring through the sky with Guardian Angel is like having concrete shoes. It ruins the flow and is disruptive. At least to me.

2 Likes