Why we need Mercy back!

Its impactful, just not in a single team fight, but over the course of a game it is OP.

1 Like

When they made that mega-thread, at a certain point they made it a goal to be the “#1 thread”. They planned it that way and achieved that goal but make no mistake-- it didn’t happen because these phantom Mercy players share the sentiment, it happened because they made it that way. Everything is inflated in regards to that thread, just like the invalid surveys they conduct with their small “sample” of users.

2 Likes

Qwazi don’t bother. They cannot comprehend a figurative analogy when comparing how jarring it is go from zipping around the map to the sudden NEED to slow down.

You can point out that it’s obvious you meant but to them you’re speaking another language and they have decipher every word to it.

The fact that they cannot understand that it is indeed a jarring change to her flow means they really haven’t used her GA to its fullest potential to not notice the change in speed and how drastic it is.

(Abilities that ruin the flow should be looked at to make people want to use them-no Blizz I don’t care that ShadowStep is suppose to highlight Reaper’s weakness if it’s jarring and flow breaking it just means people aren’t going to use it)

4 Likes

It’s already been explained to you. Just because you DO like them, doesn’t make them valid. You’re not dumb so don’t pretend to be.

1 Like

The contrary is also not true, just because a skewed statistic agrees with what you want to put forth, doesn’t mean you’re right, eg. for the longest time eggs where related with cholesterol increasing in human beings and as such they gained bad rep, turns out that eggs have nothing to do with cholesterol but the way you cook it does, skewed statistic can be detrimental to the development of ideas, no one is telling you your “studies” don’t matter but use them the way they were intended to

1 Like

There’s a problem here: You are assuming that the other 28 players are against the resurgence of mass-Resurrect.

If that were the case, then we would see another thread expressing the opposite sentiments of my own with that #1 spot, likely with 28 times the popularity of my own.

But we don’t.

Moreover, we would see that non-Mercy players don’t want the resurgence of mass-Resurrect.

But we don’t:

The statistics, all around, suggest that bringing back mass-Resurrect in some form is a very popular opinion.

5 Likes

Care to highlight where this was the case?

2 Likes

Because complains are more common on this forum, on reddit for example, the Mercy main subreddit admin quit out of receiveing a huge backlash for his posts on the main Overwatch subreddit

We don’t see 40 million people posting against mass rez because it’s not needed, the mechanic is not in the game and there is zero clues about it making a comeback

2 Likes

Mercy is not fun to play, but she is balanced. Wish they would raise her skill cap to be honest.

I have yet to see anyone propose a realistic argument as to how these data are skewed.

4 Likes

Actually, that was a moderator, and they quit because they got doxed by someone in the OWCJ subreddit.

2 Likes

You’re participating in this discussion in real time, are you not? :rofl:

Nevermind. Go ahead and pretend to be dumb. I couldn’t care less.

1 Like

The person behind the survey said it on his first few bullet points though

3 Likes

Don’t get confused: You have yet to agree with any proposed argument as to how your data is skewed. Your data is skewed. Deal with it.

Reporting and flagging are the same thing if thats what you mean…

dont get technical on me you know what i mean

I am. Are you?

The most compelling argument I have seen thus far was from Undertone, and I already explained why the assertions brought up by him/her are not correct.

This tells me that the post in question does not exist. That is why you have resorted to assertions of this nature, because your argument cannot stand.

4 Likes

As I said, my example was only one of many other possible factors leading to a lower pick rate for this (or any) character

The factor you choose is not the only one potentially in play

I have stated that this survey was conducted with improper methodology. I stand by what I said

There are plenty of materials publicly available that detail how a survey is correctly developed and administered. I would advise that if you wish to arrange to conduct a valid survey, that you acquaint yourself with the proper way of doing so

Factually, statistics become invalid when the underlying data is collected in an invalid fashion.

The absence of a ‘dislike’ marker invalidates this as a measure of popularity

If you wish to alter your claim to “the post with the most likes” or "the first post on the Top list when one selected “all time”, that would at least be mostly accurate, at least for now

as described above, I dont think that claim can be reasonably made

I dont want to get into a discussion of twitter, and have already covered the like/dislike issue

I know of no evidence to back up such a claim

Already covered the issue of likes/dislikes above

One will also find that these posts are often numerous posts created by the same user as arguments are passed back and fourth between myself, other Mercy mains, and the players in question. One will also find that the posts expressing affirmations towards what was stated in the OP have much more support than the posts attempting to counter what was stated in the OP.
[/quote]

Whether it is 1 poster or 1 million posters, there is a great deal of dissent to your stated position(s) within this thread.

Factually, the thread in question isnt one continuous echo of agreement to you position(s)

I stand by my belief, and I do not believe it to be incorrect

They said that they do not expect it to represent the entire playerbase. However, when a survey of that scale is conducted on the one official feedback site of the game we are playing, the results will reflect the concerns of the playerbase, regardless as to whether or not the person conducting the survey expects them to or not.

5 Likes

Bring me an argument that doesn’t collapse upon cross-examination.

6 Likes

I don’t wanna rain on anyone’s parade… but asking for mercy to be reverted back to her original state is so unrealistic to me. The devs don’t wanna admit that valk isn’t that good. Why cant we just accept mercy at her current state, she might not be as fun to others but she sure is to a numerous group of players (aka just the people who like her at her current state and think that she’s fun). Just try out new mercy and if you don’t enjoy her as much, there are so much other heroes to try out and have just as much fun on! c:

2 Likes