Why we need Mercy back!

Mercy was never EVER an issue. Her ultimate was glorious and unique. Mercy could literally shoot, fly to her teammates, and heal. Compared to other heroes who can primary fire, secondary fire, and have 3 abilities. Mercy didn’t have much to do, so I think that is why she had such a great ultimate. She is an angel. Literally angels bring people back. She was very easily countered by a good widow or hanzo when it came to the hide and rez. If you had a good hitscan on your team or a good player at all, Mercy could easily be stunned or headshot and now she can’t rez. Mercy’s rez now is such a disappointing part of her kit. I’ve had friends who completely uninstalled the game because of the Mercy rework. Valk should be an ability for Mercy and not an ultimate. She has wings, let the woman fly. Just bring back the old Mercy, there are much more people who want it than people who do not.

68 Likes

I can’t believe these threads still happen.

New Mercy is more fun, engaging, and balanced

(This is untrue if you don’t value her Guardian Angel and instead liked her for her old ultimate ability)

(This is untrue if you have shallow, superficial understanding of Valkyrie)

Saying Mercy is not engaging is to dismiss all the buffs her Guardian Angel got (the most engaging part of her kit btw)

Source?

114 Likes

I even heard that Valk can be used as a ‘cooldown’ now. Yeah give her an actuall ult, rather than just a Q ability. :v

15 Likes

But not impactful :thinking:

I think that she need a real Ultimate, a completely new concept that save its team, in a way or another

12 Likes

Disagree

45 Likes

Ok

(other stupid characters required)

1 Like

< asdfadsfadf >
without spaces will work for the character limit (it does for me). It will become hidden without the spaces

4 Likes

Source?

Do you have any data to claim she is more fun, engaging and balanced?

Glad you edited your post now. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Factually, Valkyrie is Mercy’s ultimate. it is not a cooldown/regular ability, and cannot be used as such

15 Likes

I guess for some
But not for everyone
So basicialy its just opinion about how she is fun or unfun.

I dont think that there is any data for that, but myself i still prefere old mercy (the one you was able to kill when she was using mass rez)

2 Likes

Make it make sense
you guys want mass rez back but “minor tweaks” something I saw on a thread similar to this was with a cooldown and to also slow her speed down so that she’s counterable by the dps on the enemy team, unlike before where she was invulnerable
but you guys also hate her current e rez because it’s slow and she’s stuck in place and very counterable
so if you hate her current e rez as it is, what makes you think you’ll like mass rez with a similar tweaking as e rez??

20 Likes

Both sides need to stop saying things as fact.
We have no idea on actual figures on how much of the population prefers her as she is now.

She is unfun to some, fun to others.
All we know is that most the population doesn’t care enough to make their voice heard on forum/reddit. While the forum is mostly full of angry people complaining so an inherent bias is involved in any thread.

13 Likes

I find Mercy’s current ultimate to be fun, engaging, balanced, and impactful.

Factually, it is a real ultimate, as defined by Blizzard; and as such she already has a real ultimate

2 Likes

She is to me :smiley:
Her Guardian Angel is only better than it was. She has more abilities and, thus, more options and she’s not priority number one in every single fight in the game.

If you don’t find that more fun, engaging, and balanced that’s fine. I can’t make you agree with me, but the most fun parts of her kit have ONLY BEEN BUFFED since the rework.

Saying you don’t think current Mercy is fun is basically saying “Mass resurrect was the only part of her I liked”

More or less.

No problem! We may disagree, but I still like to help out fellow forum goers

14 Likes

No mass data to back up your claim. So you have an opinion that you feel Mercy is fine.

There are a lot of people who claim Mass Resurrection was fine but here we are still arguing years after.

Kinda funny asking someone else for data when you can’t supply any sources for yourself. :rofl:

4 Likes

Factually, there is data to back up that many people like Mercy as she is now, and there is data to back up that many people do not like Mercy as it is now

I don’t really need to do anything since Mercy is as I want. If you want her changed then give me the sources that justify the change lol

It’s not my job. The current state of Mercy is the state I like. If YOU want her changed for reasons then you should cite those reasons.

Fun: Obviously subjective
Engaging: Obviously subjective
Balanced: Also pretty subjective

You’re asking for a source for something that can literally only be an opinion, a fool’s errand.

I, conversely, was asking for a source on a statement of FACT. He clearly said there are more people who want the change than who don’t want the change. That is a ‘factual’ statement no matter what and I was asking for sources.

You can try to make me out as a hypocrite, but you will fail my friend.

13 Likes

Most Mercy mains have quit the game or quit playing her all together from what I’ve seen. Can you blame em? Shes boring to play unless you go off and pistol everyone to death in Valk while your team dies.

Mass rez was never an issue. Its the fact Ana was so terribly underpowered during that time that there was no reason not to run a Mercy.

6 Likes

According to you. According to me she’s trivial, dumbed down, lackluster, disruptive, and boring. It is subjective. I honestly do not know how many people prefer Mercy in her current state over some other state, but I choose to believe that there might exist a Mercy 3.x that appeals to more people than who currently enjoys her.

3 Likes