Why we fix the end season reward to the highest rank we get?

It just encourages for some players to throw because they had their end season reward guaranteed(at least in my rank-2900). I can’t reach the place I desire even tough I fill for the team and even for an easy match people just want to throw by just picking a single hero and not changing.

Is it just me or do you guys also feel end seasons reward should change according to your last sr?

This is a tough debate that does come up rarely. First as a reminder the end of season rewards are only a spray, a player icon, and variable amount of bonus Competitive points ranging from 85 to 1750 depending on that season high. Now on important factor is that Competitive points can only go to one type of item, which is golden weapon skins. I myself own 9 Golden Weapon skins and few hardcore players have collected all 29. Because the items you can unlock with Competitive Points is so limited, I highly doubt there are many players who are influenced by Competitive Points playing Competitive. In reality, I don’t think that this specific rule of Competitive is giving any incentive for players to stop caring about their rank once they hit a certain goal. Anyone who is tanking their rating (intentionally or not) are very likely doing it for other reasons.