Why was the LGBT+ Symmetra thread closed

That was a really nice, inclusive thread and it just got closed with NO reason given

Would really like an explanation. Or are we just not allowed to talk about that sort of thing?

1 Like

If I had to take a bet, OP got flagged for harrasment or something and Blizzard silenced his account and hid the post. IT happened to me

I was the OP and my account has not been silenced.

But yeah I can imagine something like that.

Just feels massively discriminatory that a mod just came along like, “oh well,” and closed it with no reason given whilst we were actually having a thought provoking discussion

2 Likes

I don’t know why it got closed but for your sake, I would probably discontinue this thread.

It’s against the rules to make threads asking about closed threads and I wouldn’t want you to get banned over it.

Oh I feel you. Back when Sombra was first Buffed, I got into a discussion about hwo nothing changed, and to show their dislike my posts were flagged and I was suspended for 24 hours. Then they totally ignored my tickets, saying it was deserved for 4 days, until finally they actually read my posts and decided I wasn’t harrassing other players.

Well what am i supposed to do if I want answers, or think the decision was unfair? I cant PM the mods…

1 Like

You would submit a ticket through the support tab

To be honest, I don’t know…but this is a part of the forum guidelines and there’s not really much I can say in the matter except put a ticket in the support tab like what @Taron said.

Sorry this happened to you my man, these forums…they be a harsh mistress.

K, guess ill do that then…

1 Like

Eh, It’s 1am right now, they’ll probably see it by 10 and respond by noon

Quick question how do i delete thread?

That is an excellent question. I do not know. I doubt you’ll get banned for this, considering how old the CoC is and how little it gets followed by the mods themselves. They’ll probably delete it for you, but if you get paranoid you can just delete your Original POst.

actually, I take it back. You admit you don’t know if you can or can’t talk abou this, so in doing so you won’t get banned for talking about this. They are lenient. Supposedly.

There are certain ones who jumps at the slightest thing, like an itchy trigger finger. I don’t know if they’re present on the current forums though, it was in the old one

1 Like

If this thread isn’t deleted, can you keep us updated? I only just got around to seeing that thread and was quite upset to see that it had been closed with no explanation whatsoever.

2 Likes

K well I don’t know how to delete a thread so this is going to be up until a mod sees it and gets rid I guess.

@Sammius

sure, I can’t message you here because no private messaging, but add me in game

Wow, the way that’s worded makes it sound so unprofessional and lazy. I mean if they want to prevent behavior requiring threads to be locked, it would make sense to explain explicitly why that action was taken so the poster knows exactly what not to do in no uncertain terms - instead of letting them just “figure it out” themselves and possibly do the same thing again because they didn’t win the “What did I actually do wrong?” guessing game. Because this incident shows that it’s not always clear.

2 Likes

Its Blizzard’s forums. They can close what they want and don’t owe you anything.