Why was sombras ultimate line changed? (Alexis!) (Michael Chu responded)

I also said, when I gave my translation:

And

So you’re trying to discuss with me something I never said nor implied…

Oops, did I trigger someone ? Don’t try to pick a fight. I just pointed out that whenever translation is brought up there’s always people arguing over the “right” translation even though languages weren’t excatly designed to translate to each other smoothly and there’s rarely a “right” translation. Literal or not, there’s no point in bringing up every translation option possible.

How was what I answered in any way an attempt to pick up a fight? I simply explained what I said wasn’t to discard someone else’s translation, which you implied.

Does defending or explaining oneself nowadays means an intent to attack the other party? Because I did not mean that.

I did not bring up every translation option possible. Nor did I intent to make it feel like I was acting superior, I apologize if it seemed that way.

You anwsered with a longer comment than expected, with several quotes and “…” at the end of your sentence, which is usually a triggered person’s response. Since this exchange is being made with written words, you can’t judge someone’s state of mind on much else.

You brought up another translation despite the first one being clear enough. No real harm in that. I just think it’s exhausting to see the same arguments being made repeatedly and my fingers itch to answer something to derail it.

Barely any words in my comment, two quotes.

The dots were to show confusion, I do not know if it being considered salty is a cultural thing, I’m lost.

I also had already stopped writing in this thread hours ago. There was no need to derail something that wasn’t in motion.

I assume this was all a misunderstanding. I’m not salty, triggered, nor do I want to fight you. I just want you to understand what I did was of no ill intent.

Have a nice day.

You pretty much hit it. When we were testing the two lines, we felt that “Apagando las luces” worked a little better as an ult line compared to the other. Would have loved to keep the story reference in, but ultimately (groan) it lives on as a voice line.

80 Likes

Mind if I ask my own Sombra question?

Just what is on her back? Is it some kind of fancy computer or something else?

2 Likes

I always thought it was her translocator, now I’m curious too.

Maybe a something something energy core to power her electronics?

2 Likes

Will we ever see what present day Reaper looks like unmasked, or Roadhog? :slight_smile:

You here:

But I hear:
“PROPAGANDA IS USELESS”
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Avocados are blue, sis.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification chu!

1 Like

Oscuridad*, and technically it translates to ‘the darkness awaits you.’

La = the
Oscuridad = darkness
Te espera = waits for you (tho in this case ‘awaits you’ sounds smoother than ‘waits for you’)

1 Like

spanish is a cool language

Could it not have gone on a skin later? Like the Demon Hunter skin.

The dots usually show condescension, the thread was still on going, I wanted to bring up my own point, like everyone in this topic.

Three. Have a nice day.

Why groan? Voice lines are my favorite things to spam!

1 Like

He was likely groaning at his pun.

1 Like

There was a pun? Welp, that went straight over my head. :S

Means “Turning the lights off” which makes sense with her ultimate.

Volvamos a la media noche means “Let’s go back to midnight” which imo doesn’t really connect with the EMP effect. I know it’s lore related but you have to know about it in order to understand what Sombra means when she says it, and not everybody knows about lore. Besides, for any spanish speaker it would’t make sense in spanish simply because it doesn’t match with EMP powers.

Imo, it’s really nice to have the voice line in a specific skin. Demon Hunter.

TLDR: Btw, when is Demon Hunter skin going to be released for normal lootboxes?? You said it will be this year. :slight_smile: