Why was mass rez removed

It sounds like you’re suggesting that some ults are supposed to be fun to play against.
”Oh look it’s high noon! This is a blast!”

5 Likes

Really… Referencing the worst ult in the game?

”Oh look, Deathblossom! This is a blast!”

2 Likes

I’m a qp only guy. :expressionless:

1 Like

That’s fine. I’m just pointing out why our opinions are different. The reality is, all of the people here are talking mostly about comp.

2 Likes

The original version of resurect, yet many people claiming it, never encouraged hide and rez. It was only a poor strategy which was literally countered by playing normally. Furthermore, this strategy was used by a large minority of players, since the best Mercy players understood its non-viability compared to tempo rezing.

If you want more detailed explainations, you can found them right here:

"Hide and rez" VS playing properly

This is probably why she had around 0% ~ 5% pickrate before her rework, and even less at pro play.
Please. You won’t fool anyone with this.

You are saying that “It wasn’t fun to play against”, I dare you to give me one ultimate which is fun to play against.

Could you explain how resurecting someone is a “broken and stupidly OP mechanic” while most of the heroes being able to instantly wipe a team isn’t ?

Mass rez literally needed your primary healer, one of the most defenseless hero in the game, to live through an obliterating storm of 4-6 ultimates.
If not being able to kill the most defenseless hero with 4-6 ultimates is not a missplay, I don’t know what it is.

Explain me how your “perfectly executed ultimates, with coordinated teamplay” didn’t manage to kill Mercy ?

If you were playing Mercy as you described it, you were either:

• Playing against people who have no clue about target prioritisation, maybe against bot
  • Always dead due to enemies knowing to kill you as fast as possible

All you needed to do was surviving long enough while healing your team as much as possible in order to resurect those you couldn’t keep alive.
And that was not easy, unless playing against poorly coordinated teams.

If a team “uses many resources in the right situation” how did this team not manage to kill Mercy ?

If you wiped the team, how is Mercy still alive ? :thinking:

Like this argument of “this wasn’t fun to play against because she can undo a teamwipe” is not only false, but also distorts the reality.
If you use many ults and succeed in killing the whole enemy team except Mercy, leaving her able to resurect her team, it’s your fault for not being able to kill Mercy despite using many ults and therefore you got outplayed.
But people make it sound like “it’s unfair that she is able to undo so many ults” while they should think “she played very well by staying alive through our ults, we had bad target prioritisation, so it is fair that she is rewarded for that”.

Unfortunately, this is true, but a broken SR system is not a reason to rework a hero.

You’re right, now Mercy’s kit (except her staff & GA) have its power distributed much more evenly: Resurect is near unsuable, and Valkyrie is worthless.
What a successful rework !

6 Likes

“Oh look you’re bringing back everyone I killed because you didn’t heal them with nothing I can do about it,”

Nice job, you quoted a boosted Mercy. The rest of us, on the other hand, said:

”Oh. The enemy team is gonna have a few ults. Time to hide and let them waste their ults!”

Mass Rez was either a complete failure or well placed. It was a 50/50 gamble. You could be hiding and the enemy team realised this, and once in a while they would ACTUALLY counter her Rez.

4 Likes

you wanna see crutches? how about genjis massive deflect hitbox that only recently got fixed after 2 years of it being absurdly huge

5 Likes

You must be a fool or not actually played the game back then, No one was good at Ana, Lucio had weak heals and Zen was punishing. That left you with everyone playing Mercy for the consistent heals and mass rez, which was literally every game in season 2 and 3. Since I main Ana we always had two main healers for tank meta.

They left it like that so the kids who like anime and ninjas can cheese their way to an outplay.

is it really an outplay when your deflecting damage with a hitbox the size of a slightly reduced rein shield :thinking:

No Mercy main actually participated

1 Like

Well the Devs play the game…Maybe they like anime and ninjas too? wink wink

I’m more into space cowboy’s

See ya space cowboy :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Sometimes the DPS told Mercy to go hide and rez.

This occasionally resulted in the enemy team using all their ults to kill Mercy’s team and then she would fly in to rez and restart the fight.

People complained that this tactic was unfun and all the blame placed on Mercy and Mercy players so she was reworked.

Muh muh me complain about DPS muh muh
Overwatch team = DPS players muh muh me brain
Muh muh
Me can’t think for myself
Muh muh me stereotype muh muh me 7 year old muh much
Mercy waifu dead muh muh

Mass Rez was liiiiiiiiit :kissing_heart::heart_eyes::laughing::sunglasses::yum::triumph::grimacing::mask:

(for those asking themselves, I made this because that’s how most people in this thread in favour of mass Rez sounds when I read them. It’s sad that you can such low IQ or be blind AF to the point where your hero gets reworked and you think it’s another hero’s fault when the developers gave the exact reason it was reworked in the first place.

No offense but you can’t possibly support a stereo type that’s been projected on all Mercy mains and then say we have the low IQ and actually mean it. None of the people that gave you a reason as to why Mass Rez was more enjoyable gave you a low IQ answer. On the contrary, most of them were pretty detailed and gave enough reasons.
I’d actually say it’s the other way around, people that are so ridiculously desperate to show how low skill Mercy is and how dumb the people playing her are WHILE there is proof that this is not the case are the ones with the low IQ. But that’s just me :thinking:

2 Likes

How is this fun to play or play against is beyond me. Just look in some of these clips, some mercys were dead and they were re-spawned fast enough to completely undo everything.

https://gfycat.com/HeavySlightCub

I can post bunch more links but don’t want to spam with’em.

1 Like

Looks fine to me.

Just the same as a Junk Rat tire from spawn, a Dva ult thrown onto the point, Hanzo’s dragon from spawn, a Dead Eye from half a map away, a Rein Charge and then ultimate.

It’s just standard hero game play.

6 Likes