Why was Gravdragon nerfed again?

And then instead of nerfing the real problem (Hanzo), they nerfed Zarya, for reasons unknown.

If you were to buff support ultimates just to counter this combo, you’d start creating a power creep.

Buffing heroes to counter overpowered ones only recreates the problem elsewhere, the best solution is nerfing the source of the problem.

But, they didn’t. They buffed zarya.

1 Like

Grav radius was reduced by 2 meters.

They buffed her. Now she doesn’t just have to be a grav-bot. Now she can melt others given her high-energy duration.

1 Like

I’m talking about the interaction with Dragon Strike and Dragon Strike alone, that was pretty much the sole reason Grav radius was nerfed.

Yes she did get buffs, but i’m talking about the ultimate combo usage, that was nerfed in the wrong hero.

Some people argue that representation means everything though!

How / why would you nerf a bad ult, instead of nerfing the best ult?

They reduced the grav radius for another reason other than Dragonstrike.

Can’t just blame Hanzo. What about Genji or any other ultimate that interacted with it? grav+dragon always existed, just like grav+blade, grav+dva bomb etc etc.

1 Like

Hey, my out of meta hero has been oppressed since nano was nerfed, but I’m not complaining about Reapers viability…

Ok maybe a little…

Idk, transe isnt a guaranteed survival anyway, you can still brute force through it or ana nade. Its still 2 ults, if you use 2 you should see results. I guess they wanted to make using two support ults viable.

They did nerf Hanzo, just not his ult because it didn’t need one.

Good zarya’s could already maintain high energy.
This wasn’t a buff (zarya main btw)

While Zarya as a whole was reasonably balanced, too much of her kit’s value came from Graviton Surge since Graviton Surge was changed to disable all movement abilities. Her ultimate was incredibly oppressive, with or without Hanzo’s dragons, and it’s good that it was nerfed in favor of redistributing her power elsewhere.

You could make an argument that her power was redistributed to the wrong place and I’d understand that. I’ve always thought her original 50 charge per bubble was a better idea than making the charge last longer.

I understand that too much power came from graviton surge, I would be fine if it was nerfed to 6m, heck even 4m I wouldn’t care.
AS LONG AS THEY GAVE HER A GOOD BUFF
Which they didn’t, they only gave her a buff which helped poor zarya players.

I’d definitely prefer a Zarya that charged faster and lost the charge faster too. I think she’s not interactive enough right now. Backing off and waiting out her charge level isn’t practical, but she also doesn’t feel dangerous until several bubble cooldowns have come up in the same fight. I think she needs both a sharper edge and sharper counterplay.

1 Like

Completely agree.
I feel like she should get her 50 charge bubbles back then revert the buff she got (maybe keep 0.1s difference) and also decrease cd of personal 10 to 8 because she’s too squishy right now.

That may have applied before the stun increase. After that, being stunned and smacked around gave little room to maintain it.

Because ppl couldn’t pick Zenyatta and counter 2 ults.

People still can’t pick Zenyatta and counter 3 ults. Only reason for nerf was damage boosted dragonstrike killing through any defensive ult, making them useless.