Why was brigs damage nerfed?

It was unexpected for the both of us. Back then we didnt know whole hog barely put a den on rally. A pleasant surprise for me, not so much for the poor hog.

Yes, Blizz nerfed something they designed to counter Tracer on a character designed to counter Tracer because it countered Tracer.

1 Like

50 was too much because it one shot Tracer but 5 is just a joke, it may as well be 0. Should at least do 40 damage so it doesn’t one shot Tracer but she can easily be killed if she is poorly positioned.

2 Likes

I think they wanted to make sure that even with damage boost you couldn’t kill combo a tracer.

I would just like to see the following

• White HP increased to 175 (225 total health)
  • RP heal reduced from 55hps to 40hps

This would solve her not being a must pick in higher leagues while giving her more survivability in lower leagues.

white is health, yellow is permanent armor, cyan is permanent shields, orange is temp armor (like rally), dark blue is temp shields (like beat drop), and every hp square is 25 of that category. like how mercy has 200 hp, that’s 25 of each health meaning 25 health each square

No worries, it’s good feedback.

Been slowly working through like 20 different rework suggestions for OW2.

hopefully i can make those in the workshop, the workshop is so addicting but frustrating when you are unable to do 1 thing due to its limitations

50 bash damage was part of what made her op.

Cause she can oneshot tracer with 50 dmg on shield bash.

What are you gonna ask next, why was being able to stun through shields nerfed?Any more stupid questions.

I don’t see the problem with damage boost killing her. It’s taking 2 heroes, both healers to stop helping their team and to focus 1 hero.

1 Like

Probably because back when her bash did 50 damage the stun was also 0.9s and on a 5s CD and could go through barriers.

When they decided to nerf the damage it was on the 7s CD.

But the 0.9s stun duration meant she could Bash -> swing --> whipshot for 155 damage through barriers.
This killed not only Tracer but most other flankers because after the 155 damage they had 45 health left. And that’s 2 swings.

So probably just the combo in general had very high damage.

Although I would like to see it go to 20 or something. Maybe even 35 if they reduced the stun duration a little. But I’m not certain on that.

Edit: worth noting that damage boosted the combo did 201.5 damage. So that’s pretty lethal as well.

1 Like

It is when it’s supports killing flankers with consistency.

She was able to combo tracer down instantly with it. Why to FIVE though I’ll never understand.

2 Likes

because it’s already a stun on a support and if she had 50dmg stun rn she would be overpowered

She also destroyed ulting nano genji.

She was able to solo-kill most of the character roster in 1 second while stunning them for the entire time, after initiating the combo from behind a barrier to ensure effectively zero counterplay.

Yes it was especially effective against Tracer, due to the massive auto-aim and instantaneous 155 damage at the start of the combo, but I sincerely doubt that Tracer had much to do with why it was removed. If anything, Tracer was one of the best characters at escaping her. Having a healer be by far the best assassin in the game was just obviously unhealthy.

1 Like

i’m guessing the “kill in 1 second” is just an expression?