Why this forum exist

There’s a lot more sophisticated tools that they look into to determine if a hero is over performing in their respected roles rather than looking at what the vocal minority think of the game balance.
Obviously pro players’ opinions are also taken into account because Overwatch’s health is tied with the e-sports scene.
However, the forums’ opinions and suggestions have been taken into account, for example the Genji deflect hit box nerf 2 years back was due to a Thread on these very forums.

5 Likes

I mean, do you have proof they aren’t reading here?

illusion of community, better to have people whine here then somewhere else where they dont have full control over narrative

5 Likes

for people to: roast genji mains, say how the game is not balanced,complain about how ___ is too powerful and blizzard should nerf him/her,complain about open queue or role queue and roast blizzard for nerfing or buffing different characters, i think the only good discussion is the workshop discussion for workshop fans because the community can actually help them with their problems

2 Likes

Entertainment and sometimes to get a free idea or something but mostly Entertainment I would say :slight_smile:

Well if you took time and read the first default Blizzard pinned article in the general discussion section they tell you the purpose of the forums.

Also im genuinely curious as to where you get this information from

1 Like

this forum is the proof.
people saying certain ‘’ balance changes ‘’ is very bad but they still keep it and start ignoring those people for month/year until they realize it was wrong thing and finally do something after a month/year

To most memes

1 Like

It doesn’t mean they don’t read, it means they’re not listening.

1 Like

To get feedback, no matter how crazy it is, that dosen’t mean that the changes to the game will came from forum topics. Devs decide.

1 Like

We just have to bring this thread to main page and devs will read it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

well that is good if they did use this forum to get feedback so they know that ‘’ change ‘’ is mistake and they avoided to make the same mistake in the future

1 Like

I feel in fairness- The devs have listened to this community numerous times in the past, including recently.

They just dont always agree with the community.

1 Like

Well the forum is a meme of its own… for all of the wrong reasons that is.

2 Likes

Before we had proof:

Then they added a private profile option for the forums and now most of these developers hide their profiles. :grimacing:

3 Likes

i forgot dev ‘’ Feedback Thread ‘’ Exist back then

1 Like

The thing is with the pros and streamers, is they’re just superior to us in every way.
They’re stronger, smarter, faster and more popular than your average forum go-er.

Did you know Samito can bench 280 when a moira main isn’t watching?
Every gaming GOD has his kryptonite and Samitos is moira unfortunately.
If it wasn’t for Moira mains our PRINCE wouldn’t be prematurely malding so hard rn, smh. :pensive:

1 Like

Let’s not forget how role queue was a very hot topic on the forums for a couple years, with many people just asking to try it out.

Although, I think it’s kind of unsettling how the most popular thread on the forum, with over 12,000 replies and 2000 likes, is a thread about how Mercy needs a rework and it’s been completely ignored.

2 Likes

s’ok we got reddit and trustpilot if we want truth of how people feel about Blizz :smiley:

I remember that Thread. That Thread was the last time we had communication with the Devs for years.

It’s also worth noting that there was a question in there about Doomfist, talking about how bad he was, and Jeff said “Well what about Doomfist” in spite of the 3 megathreads that were on the front page of the forums.

NOw sure, some of the forums opinions and recommendations have been taken into account, but usually not until someone else said it first, and only if those Recommendations are even looked at which they tend not to be. The devs claim that they read everything on the forums, but they simply don’t.