Why the Shield Bash changes are actually genius

This new SB needs just one more thing to be complete: a small knockback, same as Zarya’s right click or even Rein’s swing would be ok.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t mind not getting in, if I get content to watch on YT or somewhere else

1 Like

I like the change but man inspire still rubs me the wrong way, i wish they would have changed it somehow, although, considering she can bash further they’ll probably reduce inspire’s range by quite a bit

not really. how stun rn takes pressure off of herself or allies is because it actually interrupts their movement (which is important when considering the other hypermobile heroes that aren’t tracer) opening a big window to shoot and consequently kill them, getting rid of the problem.

simply dashing further and doing 50 damage isn’t going to do the same thing.
most likely they’re not going to realise they’re hit and continue doing what they were doing to finish off their target.
e.g. against tracer, likely you’re going to bash her as she’s going to blink (as per usual) and the bash isn’t going to cancel, but she’s still going to blink to somewhere further away from brig and can still finish off whoever she was flanking.

like even in the playtest they did with OWL players, the only reason why tracer died in the flank was really because the zen could land their shots on a tracer usually, most players aren’t going to be able to do that:

if this was df, ball, or genji blading, they straight up wouldn’t care much and continue their combo/ult/harassment because there’s not much there to stop it from actually happening.

it realistically isn’t all that possible.
without the stun, most likely you’re going to hit has as she’s already going to blink/mid-blink which throws off landing subsequent shots to actually land the combo.

And we’ve literally seen that happen even with pros on the playtests shown to the public:

2 Likes

Nice argument. Unfortunately, no stun means Brig can’t stop ults anymore and that’s a huge power decrease

1 Like

Yeah the stun should have just been lowered to a 0.1s. Microscopic and exists as an interrupt, while leaving space for something that counters hypermobility while not being effective against immobile heroes.

1 Like

She’d likely have to Blink away twice, or recall. Whipshot going 20m lets her followup SB to put Tracer at 30hp, or kill her if she was able to get a swing in or any allies damaged her

Stun, slap, and then boop deals 110.
Without stun, you bash for 50, and then the tracer is gone bc not stunned.

3 Likes

no you wont, dps are getting speed buffs on top of the one tracer and genji have

1 Like

I would hope it will keep a 0.01s stun. Without it this is still a lot more passive than the current one.

Im less talking about a single string of combos to try and kill them, and more about being able to chase them and stay in attacking range

Obviously applies more to fighting Genji/Doom instead of Tracer

1 Like

I like the SB stun because it’s fun to interrupt ults of bad players, but I am fine to lose the stun for more damage and more mobility.

You wont be able to stay in range. As the other guy said, the dps have a speed boost.
Most of the characters she currently counters are gonna have the upper hand now, and her self defense is going to be worse - you can’t counter genji’s deflect, you cant stun Cass before his flash hits you, losing a third of your HP as tracer is nothing compared to losing more than half in the combo, reaper is ulting? Guess you’ll die lmao unless you have the foresight that its gonna happen. Shes likely gonna be just a worse lucio now.

2 Likes

I miss the days of the brig flying charge exploit lol. But yeah I agree, the less full stuns the better IMO. Not sure if I agree with the “not being blocked by shields part” just because it doesn’t stun doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have some counter-play. But I guess 50 damage isn’t a lot against the tanks who typically have shields, so it’s not a big deal.

Overall good changes, and I’m glad to see the team finally see stuns as not the brilliantly fun mechanic they thought it was. Maybe make the stun last like 0.1 seconds just to be like an “interrupt” or whatever effect that would be called.

Great thread Bois, where did you get the info?

Xoxo ciau :kissing_heart:

It’s not genius, it just makes her weaker, for what? A longer range, higher damage dash so it makes people cry about her damage again? And it now triggers Inspire, which is her current biggest problem that nearly everything she does triggers Inspire?

Can only see that going one way

How do the bash changes make her weaker? She loses a 0.7s stun on it for 5 buffs to it

Not a fan of the changes. I don’t care about removing stun but “just give her damage” is not an adequate way of replacing something so valuable.

If this is the route for all the support changes then ow2 is in trouble.

They get it.

These changes are far from genius

After having access to bash 2.0 I can confidently say…her overall flanker-fighting power is lower.

Hard stunning was more valuable than double distance and a little more damage

But her overall “dont get left behind/stay with the team” power is higher when you use it purely as mobility, which is like 70% of the time for me

1 Like