Why the Rein hate?

Reinhardt players: “Blizzard can Reinhardt get a buff, he’s struggling right now”.
Forums: “What? A buff? Are you kidding me he has high pick rates this season”.

Rein players: “Alright, Blizzard what about changing the interactions between Reinhardt and Brigitte? Her stun feels to oppressive against him”.
Forums: “How about no? He’s the highest picked hero right now”.

Reinhardts: “Ok fine! Blizzard can you at least fix his bugs?”.
Forums: “Ok hold on! His pick rates are so high if he gets his bugs fixed he’s going to break the game!”.

Frustrated crusaders: “Ugh whatever! Blizzard we need a new skin for Reinhardt it’s been a whi…”
The forums interrupting them : “What! But his pick rates!!”.

Seriously, what’s the deal with the recent Reinhardt hate going on? The moment Blizzard decides to actually put an effort to fix Reinhardt everyone loses their minds, like seriously how old are you? I know it’s the usual “reaction” from the forums, but a character that’s been bugged for two years finally getting fixed everyone thinks it’s going to break the game. Like can you chill, we got Brigitte, Hanzo and soon Symmetra and the game is still going, but NO when it comes to tanks everyone becomes an expert in video games design and balance…

These bug fixes have been demanded for over two years, literally since launch. A character should never be like this bugged, and inconsistent for that long. I wonder what if Blizzard decided to fix Sombra, or Bastion. Are you going to flip tables like when Reinhardt is getting his bugs fixed? We’ve been asking and begging for something to be done about Brigitte vs Reinhardt interactions, when she stuns him from behind his shield, when she stun him out of his charge but she can’t stun Doomfist out of his punch for some reason. And now when Blizzard finally decides to listen to us, it’s suddenly going to break the game.

We aren’t here to discuss what should be fixed and should be changed with Blizzard, we’re here to give feedback and to engage with other forum users in constructive and positive discussions and conversations. But the moment I find out that my favorite character is finally, after so long is getting fixed, and then see people spitting negativity and toxicity, then tell me this is a bad omen for the game I can’t help but to throw my keyboard across the room. It’s like people are only here to complain, and to criticize Blizzard’s decisions. Can’t you just be positive for once, can’t you just be grateful for the effort they’re putting into their game. And I’m not exclusively talking about a character getting bug fixes (like seriously, BUG FIXES!) I’m talking about every change to the game, just chill for one second and try not to lose your mind jeez…

Ps: if you’re here to comment about How Reinhardt is going to be OP after these changes, then do yourself a favor and don’t. This whole thread is making mockery out of your argument, Thank you very much…

23 Likes

… he’s going to be OP after the changes and make orisa completely useless

If you at least tried to read the posts in the topic you’re referring to with objectivity, everyone’s fine with Reinhardt getting bugfixes. What people aren’t fine with is Blizzard potentially buffing him in addition to bugfixing him.

in the grand scheme of things “it sucks to play Rein vs Brigitte” barely matters when he performs better against her than a majority of other heroes.

Here we go, I have my swimming suit ready. Cry me a RIVER of salt!!

“Oh god, these forums have effected me, i feel toxic…”

1 Like

Reinhardt is going to be EXTREMELY Op After these bug fixes.

Imagine, He’ll be able to openly Spam BEER After a Working And Functional Earth shatter.

Yea yea… Brigitte can still stun him, and basically force his barrier down every five seconds…
But Imagine the mental state we will be in, after seeing such perfection.

I… I Don’t think i can keep playing a game like that.
It might put my orientation in question.
Who am i kidding, i’m as straight as Hanzo’s Bowstring.

10 Likes

How about you chill lead game designer? Let the new changes settle first, then start complaining maybe? I might sound very frustrated, but I’m laughing while typing this… any way, there’s nothing confirmed about any potential buffs, but if there’s any actual buffs, then maybe you “adapt and learn to counter?”

You know, the same argument people use when we express any concerns about Brigitte against Reinhardt?

Just sayin’ lol

3 Likes

He doesn’t need anti-CC abilities or passives. That’s Orisa’s job and if Rein gets it then what will she be good for?

1 Like

I play Reinhardt as my main hero this season so I’m not afraid of “learning to counter”, and putting in bold text on my post doesn’t mean I’m angry and I’m instead just emphasizing something many people are misconstruing in the recent Reinhardt discussions.

Why does Reinhardt need a buff after he gets bugfixed? Unless the meta shifts beforehand, he’ll still be the meta main tank. Bugfixes should come first and foremost, with buffs coming if absolutely needed.

A main tank that has ranged damage, supportive ultimate, environmental eliminations potential, an effective infinite shields, and suitable for spam team comps…

Should I keep going?

3 Likes

He was a great hero before Blizzard got rid of Air-Shatter and he got a bunch of bugs.

Bug-free Rein is going to be a reasonably strong hero if nothing gets nerfed. A lot of his pickrate/winrate is less because of him and more because you need a main tank in this meta and the other two options (Winston, Orisa) are so lackluster. Rein is strong by default.

She is used for her shield, and her anti-CC (environmental only applies to a few maps). Considering her pick rate is horrid right now giving rein her best ability is very idiotic. I don’t care if you want your main OP I really don’t but devs, if you see this, don’t buff rein.

:notes:adapt and learn how to counter mate, adapt… and couter…:notes:

Besides the developers won’t buff Reinhardt unless they know something is about to change, remember that they are way ahead of us when it comes to game balance.

Also remember that the new Symmetra is soon to hit the live servers, and she’s a nightmare to tanks especially Reinhardt. Justifying any buffs to Reinhardt.

she’ll be good for ranged engagements as well as having better crowd control with halt and a superior ult more often with the buff to super charger.

1 Like

Keep in mind that with anti-cc abilities or without it, Reinhardt isn’t going to work with a team comp that doesn’t favor him.

Also you need a drink…

Considering he’s a must pick i’m sure he’ll be even better with the buff (that he doesn’t need)

A must pick with a lot bugs, weak against CC for an anchor tank, and unplayable when dive took over…

I see your logic mate :wink:
He’s simply meta dependent, just like Orisa. And guess what, this is his meta.,

1 Like

He needs bug fixes never buffs since he’s only never picked in dive him moving with his barrier makes him a good pick

Orisa is very map dependant and niche really only good for defense on high ground or just a bunker comp

Whispers: “adapt and learn how to counter…”

I can say the same to rein mains complaining about brigitte’s

We learned and adapted, no it’s your turn lol