Why the "Rainbow" icon is problematic and disappointing

Nor do you or OP?

there is no need for it to be more specific. the terms are used interchangeably

The reason is this new outrage culture over supposed “lack of representation” when overwatch was never supposed to be about that in the first place

it was literally not meant to be. as in that was not the primary goal. and certainly in my opinion should not be the primary goal. goal should be interesting and unique characters rather than filling a diversity quota.

That’s Jeff Kaplan at 23:52

1 Like

This post is a troll , the fact op is so against straight jokes is hilarious ive gotten posts flagged over jokes seriously get some humour. Btw they didn’t have to add a flag at all really its a business they truthfuly don’t have to care but they did be happy. But i forget this is ow.

The pride rainbow is different to a regular rainbow. Originally the pride flag had 8 stripes and currently it has 6 (with some alternatives like the progress pride flag which still features the base 6 stripes), while regular rainbows have 7 stripes of colour.

The rainbow icon in-game only has 6 stripes, so no it’s not just a regular rainbow it’s the pride flag.

1 Like

i understand the quote perfectly and it is you trying to take meaning which is not there.

not really possible to gang up on me when there was one person there who disagreed lol

i would actually like you to do that and also examine the follow up part about LGBT. very interesting and very illuminating

this is the part i find very interesting:

in other words people at that time already expressing dissatisfaction at there not being more representation. Jeff makes very clear that is not their focus

He concludes that segment with this:

meaning the community should own things in their own way and give it their own meaning. you dont need rainbow flag to be renamed to pride flag, to have it mean that

2 Likes

Inside im laughing as you guys agure over a game within a year or more will mean nothing you want pride one must have it in themselves why do you need others to acknowledge who or what you are.

2 Likes

Maybe you should make a better argument as for why your problem is actually a problem and not something you’re purely exaggerating to a colossal extent.

How about you see it from the other end of the spectrum. You are making a big deal out of something so insignificant. Making it seem like Blizzard is basically Hitler for not giving you what you want. “This is a problem”, “that is a problem”. No. None of these things are actual problems and no reasonable or sane person would see them as such.

You’re complaining about the name of an icon. The name of an icon. You’re not being discriminated, you’re not being harassed or excluded or treated differently by Blizzard. Your “problem” is a joke.

1 Like

They don’t have to add more maps/heroes either, yet we ask for them.

Really that’s your argument bro map"s hero’s are pre planned

I think your sensitive but i forget Overwatch is full of snowflakes so fragile yet like Chihuahua will bark loud when they feel threatened then kicked like a football and laughed at

2 Likes

Says the guy who is offended because people ask for a pride icon. LoL.

1 Like

I’m not even sensitive. I find these discussions amusing time wasters.

I feel like you started this discussion with reasonable arguments

I don’t understand why you’ve now started with the personal attacks and accusing people who disagree of x-phobe

But saying that we portray blizzard as the guy who caused WW2 is reasonable?

Did I accuse you of being homophobic? No. I accused the guy coming in here swinging wildly and comparing critiquing Blizzards LGBT representation as treating Blizzard like Hitler.

Gay straight i really doon’t care like ive said on multiple occasions we are human we live bleed and love i accept you for what you are if your cool :sunglasses: we cool :sunglasses: im a straight male have gay friends been to a drag club got asked if i ever been with a woooman it was fun nt bothered by it at all even went raving with guys fun to. I judge no one ain’t my job.

I don’t understand how that is homophobic either. That’s more just exaggeration

If you’re not smart enough to understand what an analogy is then how could you possibly make a sensible argument to defend your opinion?

Because it’s an analogy that should not be made in that context.

1 Like