Why so many threads about hog every game when...?

Imagine opening a complain thread with the support from overbuff especially when you try to prove your argument with winrates :clown_face:

He’s also a slow moving giant target. Be aware of where he is, bait his hook, shoot him, counter if necessary.

Hook range is 20 metres

1 Like

Players would rather cry and complain than check their surroundings and use cover.

1 Like

This isn’t the competitive board for one.

Honesty, Reinhardt should not have that Buff. It’s Ultimate is Strongest in this Game. It could Change Whole of Match. Also Roadhog is not very High Pickrate. I don’t see many People Pick Roadhog in Quick Play. Also Winrate for Roadhog in Quick Play is Bad.

Also really very Loud and Easily to Shoot.

The meta off tank is always complained about

I can’t speak for everyone, however I and many others have never in recent memory complained about Roadhog on the basis of him being statistically OP, but because he’s an example of a badly - designed, low skill - high reward hero (these characteristics won’t necessarily be reflected onto said hero’s statistical performance, by the way).

And that’s because Roadhog has a one - shot combo available every few seconds, which works on the majority of the roster even despite it requiring not much skill to use in the first place…

And the reason that this one - shot combo supposedly exists? To punish “bad positioning” (because playing the actual game apparently, one which is designed around tight chokes and points is “bad positioning” now)…

And what hero has this ability in their kit? The hero with the strongest self - sustain ability in the entire game, on a long cool down, which happens to invalidate almost every single one of the position mistakes he makes. Kinda ironic to say the least…

1 Like

LOL imagine opening a thread complaining about imaginary complaints about non existent threads and then watching everyone take the bait and turn it into a conversation about whatever happens to be on their minds at the time.

I’m really implying he was fine and did not need to get a buff. They could have picked many other heroes to adjust so picking one that was already fine wasted an opportunity to do some actual balancing - something to which the balance team seems to have developed an allergy.

1. show me other stats we can use
  2. Jeff acknowledged that OB is close to accurate with their internal stats

I’m happy to use a more accurate source if you can point me at one. Or if you can show me why statistics created by sampling (which is what OB is because of private profiles) are inaccurate, even if the sample size was relatively small (which it probably isn’t).

Gotta love people that jump on the “stop using stats to prove your point” bandwagon. Probably an anti-mask/vaxx too because, you know, real world stats don’t mean anything when they are only sampling and not asking every single person.

I haven’t played OW genuinely in a very long time… many things have probably changed. Yet every time I see a Hog thread, I just chuckle.

Same with Mei threads. Like being saltly about those two died in 2017 IMO, it’s not on the characters anymore if you have issues with them.

It’s a player problem at that point. :laughing:

The thing is its the experience due to pact of dps.

In these ranks if you watch closely no dps will ever contest another dps much, for whole games they wont go after that dumb cree or soldier on the bridge they will just go past them and at tanks or supports often mostly tanks.

which is why you will see the fights drag out so much as the enemy ana uncontested will be healing their rein even though he soaks damage.

This is how games go in these ranks.

Now here comes hog instead of honoring this pact of just being a fodder of soaking damage till something gives on either team, he one shots dps, he harasses all tanks, he flanks and picks of their support.
He doesnt play by the rules.

He makes you walk from spawn often.

This is why they remember getting rekt by him even though he is significantly lower pick.

Basically imagine this the players in these ranks simply dont know what it is to be one shoted often for bad positions cause most widows or hitscan are bad unless they are smurf, but hog basically gives them that experience.

I personally think he is a good spot.

1 Like

except it wont work in that way in these ranks, most brigs in these ranks will run head first into enemy rein and die instead of protecting the zen from genji. two healers down, Rein powered by ana butt heals will walk in like a god and smash sigmas brains out the enemy dps will scurry at this point off the point or die on point.

Fight over.

2 Likes

no way, giga hog was a different level of broken. Right now he is good not broken.

He is a necessary evil for tank role, he speeds up the game when he is good otherwise the game falls back to boring double shield metas.

I mean i dont like hog sigma ball poke meta either ideally dive / rush are more fun if they are both viable at the same time, but i cant ever remember a time like that.

And so many will stop playing tank if you remove hog. He is huge stop gap for dps players in qp and comp.

Exactly how it works. Rein survives forever in low ranks unless he is stupid. Ana is in every game Rein is in and will almost always be glued to him making him unkillable because there is no coordination or focus fire. That’s why his pick rate and win rates are so high.

I wish I was better because low ranks are now very repetitive and boring facing that shield all the time. Then it often gets paired up with either sig or orisa (and sometimes monkey acting like a frontline tank) and all you do is shoot shields non-stop.

1 Like

I know nobody gives a hoot about quick play and arcade, but he’s in almost every game now for these modes. As someone who doesn’t do comp, I’m getting real sick of him.

To reiterate, I KNOW we don’t balance around QP and arcade, just stating one of the reasons people may be complaining.

If people are mostly picking Hog than there’s something wrong in general for game plus the entire category of Tank overall.

I wouldn’t say they are “mostly picking hog”. He only has highest pick rate in masters, but there the top-5 are very close in pick rate. What is worrying is that people are picking him quite a lot even though his winrate is pretty bad (yes, I know that winrate has some problems the way it is calculated, but that should affect stall characters more I would think, which hog is not).

I think it says that people are picking the tanks that are more fun more often. The tank mains may still pick rein but flex players I would guess are much more likely to pick hog (and ball) and possibly Zarya, pushing up their pick rates even though they are not actually doing very well.

I love this attitude of how there’s somehow this mystical idea of “Forums Hog”. As if he’s not capable of everything people say he is.