Why should projectiles disappear when you die?

The Overwatch team fixed the problem with Mei’s ultimate disappearing after it’s thrown, which was the most blatantly obvious example of this issue, but Mei is not the only hero that loses plays to this “feature”. Pharah’s rockets, Ana’s nano boost, Tracer’s pulse bomb - so many plays lost because the game deletes projectiles upon death. Is this really necessary? Say what you want about bad positioning/timing, the fact of the matter is that you made a play before you died, it registered on the server, and that play vanished. Disappeared. Poof, out of existence.

This isn’t to be confused with ults depending on the life of the character, like soldier/pharah/reaper; if you die you cant shoot anymore, that’s fair. But a projectile you throw doesn’t care if you’re alive or dead so why should it die with you?

2 Likes

It Also removes projectiles from midair if your stunned, Which is BS… Junk throws a mine, flashbanged, mine goes poof. Needs fixed.

3 Likes

Flashbacks to the endless amount of lost sleep darts.

I highly recommend to read this:

You can read what causing projectiles dissappear mid air and what’s affecting it.