šŸ˜” Why Sanjay (Symmetra 3.0) is Not Symmetra and Why You Should be Angry

Symmetra is the best - she outperforms most every other DPS, including Torbjorn - nothing incorrect about that.

:joy: I appreciate a (probably fellow) Symm mainā€™s sense of humor.

Obviously in the perfect scenarios, Symm is hard to deal with.

But that was true before! And it was a lot more fun, despite being significantly more clunky to pilot.

1 Like

Looking back at it now. Iā€™m not sure if sheā€™s even better nowā€¦

Wait, what the hell is up with your picture?

So is this basically the Overwatch version of #notmypresident ?

Because Iā€™m fairly sure Sym is better now than she was. Despite pickrates. Thereā€™s actually scenarios in which my team uses her now.

1 Like

xD I can see why that would seem to be a good comparison, but statistically sheā€™s doing exactly the same, if not worse. :ā€™(

1 Like

ugh? I dunnoā€¦ you tell me!
What is up with ā€œmy pictureā€? Whatever that means!? :confused:

But she can be buffed a lot easier now with simple number tweaks, and if her low pickrate continues Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll come eventually.

1 Like

Itā€¦ Appeared to be a custom image

Looking at how long it takes Blizzard to do any ā€œtweakingā€ I would say we are looking at a 1 - 1.5 years before we really get anywhere.

A 63% winrate would mean she is absolutely OP, though, so I donā€™t know why you people are hanging onto this percentage. If we take the winrate at face value, it means that she is, by large, absolutely OP and needs to be balanced. A balanced hero would have roughly 50% winrateā€¦

Emphasis on eventually.

There is a reason for the historic high Symmetra win rate, and that reason is also why many of her advocates doubt the current figures.

Ohā€¦ itā€™s one of the player Icon. I chose it a while ago.
Now it never changeā€¦ Itā€™s a bit strangeā€¦
Itā€™s Diablo inspired btw! :wink: Itā€™s in Overwatch ā€œthe dark wandererā€

Seems, in hindsight, that you were completely wrong here wouldnā€™t you say?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying since forever that Symmetra is actually closer to being OP than underpowered, which is the major reason why Iā€™m baffled when people consider her a troll pick simply because she isnā€™t picked in pro matches.

I mean, when you add to the winrates the fact that every time you pick Symmetra, there is a random chance that someone in your team will tilt and/or throw before the match even starts, makes the number even more impressive, and makes you wonder how high it would be if the community were more accepting of her presence.

Thatā€™s also why I think Sym3 is still a strong hero, but also consider the rework a nerf.

And definitely, why I think the best approach to deal with Sym biggest problem (ie, community issues), is to first making official videos showcasing the strengths and weaknesses of each hero, including the situations you should use the hero and swap off the hero. Kinda like HotS Hero Spotlight, and second actually punishing false reports like they say they should be doing.

3 Likes

I think an easy way to fix the Symmetra perception is to give her a buff thay makes her silly-overpowered for a little while, like 250 hp as some suggest. Then, in a month when sheā€™s meta, revert/scale it back.

It worked for Hanzo.

Also, just make everyone bind their interact key.

4 Likes

I like new Symm. The flow of Symm 2.0 and Symm 3.0 is very similar. My winrates never went down and now sheā€™s not seen as a throw on attack so rework was a success

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™ve said the same thing. I call it ā€œThe Hanzo Treatmentā€.

I guess it could be called ā€œThe Brigitte Treatmentā€ as wellā€¦

3 Likes

No, I mean.

It was a cartoon head with sonic spikes or something? Itā€™s really weird, but gone now.