Why Reyes blame Overwatch?

In Old Soldiers Reyes blame Overwatch for being black smoke thing while Reyes himself agreed to be in Advanced Soldiers of America Program and to be Moira’s bunny. ASAP made his body regenerate faster and Moira made his body degenerate to some goal. Now his body is in between state.

In addittion, in some tweet Chu said Reyes’s family is important in his Overwatch blaming. But I think after Sweden HQ explosion Reyes became such black smoke mess that he’s so worried he will scary his family, he won’t meet them.

Reyes
Should blame his decisions cause because of them he got such abilities.
Should thank his decisions cause because of them he survived the explosion in one piece.
Should accept who he is cause if not, he won’t go any further.
Should look for the person who is behind the explosion cause it is his real enemy.

I don’t think he ever said that.

In short, we don’t know why he hates Overwatch. We don’t even know for certain for what exactly he blames it. In Old Soldiers, he says “He did this to me. They left me become this thing.” Who’s “they”? Overwatch? What happened, where did they leave him? And “he” is Jack Morrison, presumably? Well, what did he do?

For all we know, Reyes was somehow in trouble and he needed Moira to help him. Moira did something that triggered him to turn into a smoke monster.

It’s a mystery.

There is so much about Reaper that is a mystery tbh

1 Like

It’s called the Soldier Enhancement Program.

This was never said.

2 Likes

Even if Reyes is blind by his anger and revenge, he can still find the explosion reason person.
Reyes is looking inside Overwatch formal members.
Morrison is looking outside Overwatch formal members.
One of them or both will finally meet the explosion reason person/persons.

I remember he said Reyes’s family is important in Reyes’s story. Am I still wrong in this?

Chu said that “it’s not a random family”. We all collectively assumed it’s his family. One of the adults is probably his kid.

There is a fairly popular theory that Reyes is a double-agent trying to take Talon out from the inside.

2 Likes

Reyes’s family can be important without having anything to do with why he blames Overwatch or what happened to him.

2 Likes

It can, indeed. We just have to wait and see.

we all know that blaming others is human nature… look at the average ovewatch fan… that think he lost because the rest of the team was trash, the other had a smurf on their side or something…

not surprising Reyes would blame overwatch…

I feel like i’ve heard this before, more than a few times actually.