Why Play Comp if

why bother playing comp if you arent trying to win? theres qp, pub games, discord channels for people who just want to “play whatever”; literal hundreds of options available, but yet some players just want to see the world burn. i dont get it, players complaining about tanks not making space when opposite team has air force going and our team has junk/genji…healers complaining about dps or tanks when they go zen/lucio…dps complaining about heals when they are on other side of map. like for real people, its a team game…

if people dont play a team game as a team, then that team is already at a disadvantage.

“go find a group to play with” i hear…sure, but sometimes i wanna play on my own, and it shouldnt be reliant on finding a group to get a good game…even with groups players dont always work as a team…

oh OW…

1 Like

People wanna play against competitive players without playing competitive themselves, thats in every game.

2 Likes

you can have competitive games in pub channels…

But people wont take it as seriously since there is nothing to lose

1. To play with friends.
  2. Longer matches (Thanks to long queue)
  3. Trackable progress, cuz its fun even though it doesn’t matter.
  4. Tighter grouping restrictions
  5. More xp
  6. More coins
  7. Icons
  8. Gold guns
  9. To troll
  10. Data collection
  11. To help the company with their MAU quota
  12. Closer matches (ideally)
2 Likes

Those are basically valid reasons besides two of them (& of course trolling, but let’s be real, it is a reason some play).

It’s the other way around. Queue times don’t increase or have any input into matches being longer. Longer matches increase queue times.

Theoretically a valid reason I guess? But nobody is getting on Overwatch with the mindset of boosting the game’s montly playerbase.

Otherwise yeah, hit the nail on the head. I don’t mind who players comp, as long as they’re trying to win, because that’s kinda the whole point.

3 Likes