Why only 3 slots for avoid teammate?

I don’t get it, if i am not happy play with some one, I set him as avoid teammate.
system auto remove after 7 days… and i only have 3 slots to avoid some one who I am not wish to play with…

what make Jeff think that I will happy to play with the same player after 7days?
My playing time is fix, after working hour and weekend.
I try to avoid some player that I don’t like, but only 3 slot, after a few days, I meet them again. I believe they have the same gaming schedule with me.

if we don’t like to play with some one, let’s us block them permanently, and give us 100 slots! or unlimited.
I have a lot of friend leaving overwatch just because keep meet toxic player. even we reported them, we can potential to meet him in next game just due to slot is full.

2 Likes

Probably because queue times would be insane if everyone on the team had a dozen people avoided.

6 Likes

i am ok for that, i always pick flex. queue time is ok for me.
I rather spend more time to wait than meet toxic /throw player.

if those player behave toxic and throw, many gamer block him, just let him wait. he deserve that.

1 Like

Matchmaker mostly, I am going to guess they are using they do the matchmaking, and then throw out the results where you end up in a team with a player you banned, add it as a rule, and run it again.

You do the same trick with circular paths in shortest path optimization.

For the matchmaker if there is a lot of them, you could end up doing a lot of reprocessing, and the extra rules push the complexity of the problem out pretty hard.

5 permanent avoid slots would be good.

1 Like

Just ask them to avoid you.

i hope so… as long as don’t meet them

I never avoid people who ask me because I wouldn’t mind the second chance to ruin their SR. Sadly, most of the time they calm down once they requeue and we end up winning.

Personally, the chances of meeting someone AGAIN is incredibly rare. If you cycle avoids in terms of the one used the longest I pretty much always lag myself such that I never see them again.

In addition, I rarely meet multiple people I need to avoid in the same game anyway. Usually, people who want lots of avoids are the people who are rather touchy and don’t know how to put up with other people. So, they sound like they just want to avoid the world.

I wouldn’t take the chance of playing with a toxic teammate.

1 Like

Probably so they don’t have to deal with another case of “Players can’t find a match because he is too good”

Everyone remembers that one Widow main who was so nutty with her that everyone avoided him, leading to him being unable to find a match that wasn’t force him to sit through 10-15 minutes while everyone else was having 1-2 minutes.

As everyone here has said, its mostly about keeping matchmaking queue times reasonable for all players. When you avoid someone that expotentially impacts what teams both you and the avoided player can be on. You may think its okay for your own queue times to increase, but in reality we’d be looking at queue times for certain players increase into hours-long waits depending on role, rank, and region.

today only, i play 2 hours, meet 1 throw player 3 times, 2 times in same team and 1 different team…
may be my country not much player is playing.

@wyomingmyst
give us 100 slots.
let us to decide if we want prefer wait long than meet toxic player.
if I cant wait, I will remove them from avoid teammate.
if i can wait, let me add them to have good gaming time.
most of my friend leaving because of this toxic player. but overwatch system rather to keep toxic play than happy gaming player.

1 Like

If you had 100 slots you would never find games ever. If everyone has everyone avoided the game will never be able to find a game.

Oh I could put person A with Person B, but Person B also has 100 people avoided so we cant make a team. Person C, D, E, and F also have 100 players avoided.

problem blizzard does not have better way to protect gamer from toxic player.
so, i choose wait. or more ppl quick.

I feel like youre not understanding that its not just “waiting”
You’ll be an hour into a queue and still not in a game. Just dont pkay overwatch at that point

I don’t even need permanent avoid slots. Just more avoid as teammate options. There are not only toxic players, but also trolls, people who throw, people with a lack of game sense, etc.

I normally use avoid as teammate to prevent matching up with people who ruin the gameplay. That happens far more often than it should. Reddit Lucios, Ana who purposely boost Mercy, Roadhogs who don’t play as a team, Torb/Sym mains who don’t understand swapping is necessary, Widowmakers who don’t swap after getting dived 20 times by enemy tanks, etc. All this, PLUS toxic people who make the game unfun just by talking. I’d love 5 avoid slots. I don’t even use them too often, but I always end up having to sacrifice someone I’ve avoided in order to put someone else in, which has led to some interesting encounters with people I avoided 2, 3 days ago.

2 Likes

developer should fix it. or let overwatch die

today i met the same dps moira again.
i am sure i avoid him previously… same bad experience game again today.
after request him to heal, he start to throw…
if you interested, i can show you the replay code.

If only people would only use it to block toxic people, the system would work perfectly.

But if there were too many avoid slots, people would block people they thought played badly or if they didnt like a character choice.

I mean you can just not play the game if youre so bothered.

1 Like