Why only 2600 SR?

So,I played the 5 Tank Role Matches with only Sigma,winning 4 of 5,playing very well(gold and silver medals,top cards,…),so why only Platinum at 2600?

Because that’s close.tomwhere you were last season maybe? Alot of folks are getting placed where they were last season.

On Sep 1 everyone will revert to where they were six months ago.

I’m not sure where they got that magic number from. Why six months? No idea.

This is the first I’m hearing about 6 months ago. Where did you get this from?

I was 2700 and Something…

Multiple posts on multiple threads of folks stating Sep 1, non beta season, devs commented on how they collected data from 6 months ago to base everyone’s MMR when they play non beta 2-2-2 comp for the first time.

I’ve seen these posts but nothing about 6 months. All I’ve seen is that they’ve been tracking role based MMR for a while now.

Maybe you were just being carried a bit lately and your stats aren’t up to par for 2700. 2600 isn’t that far off from 2700 anyway.

I think you are misunderstanding, they aren’t using 6 month old data, they are compiling the data from the last 6 months to weigh were you should be.

They aren’t just going to be like “You were plat 6 months ago and now you are Master? Have fun in Plat”

There really isn’t any alternative, you have to put in the time to climb if you want your placements to improve.

It says “Okay you’ve been Plat for the last six month, you haven’t climbed. So I’m going to place you in Plat again”

That’s just the way it works. If wins mattered, and pure stats mattered everyone would be top 500.

Medals and Wins don’t matter if ultimately you had the win condition, or just had the game sense to take advantage of a teams ult economy. Does that make you top 500? Not really.

Plenty of top 500 players sometimes pull silver and bronze medals because in the bigger picture medals mean nothing.

Dude…who knows whats going on…

On support i lost 4 of 5 …did horribly stats wise… Dc’d without option to rejoin on 2nd match…got out healed by a hog on 2 quick matches and

placed 2600

I was expecting at best low gold

I was the opposite. I won 5/5 placements on support, gold healing and cards for offensive assists every game.

I placed 1600.

No clue how stuff is calculated.

MMR data over the course of the last X months (not sure if it was 6), not just at a point in time. MMR moves with every match, so they’ve been watching the matches with role queue in mind, so when you played a tank in comp any time over the last X months they used that performance to do an MMR adjustment on your new tank MMR. The same with each of the other two roles. Every time you’ve played a hero in each role in comp, they’ve allowed that to adjust your role specific MMR, as well as your active overall MMR.

The only thing that doesn’t count is the beta season from what I can tell.

Jeff talks about it in the video below.

They used the best MMR value they could going into placements, then based on that, plus the performance you had in your placement matches to determine where you belong.

Beta season pulled from season 17 though…which was odd. Because I’ve been in gold since October of last year. Season 17 placed me In low silver…talk about a system shock. So I started beta on all 3 roles where I ended season 17…I’m curious to see where my MMR mix for the last x months places me Sep 1 st

Basically, the main thing that will be different between the Beta Season and Season 18 is the calculations they use to adjust MMR in your placement matches, not what MMR data they start with. They’re testing the placements themselves, as well as the changes to Brig and the introduction of Sigma. I suppose they may make adjustments when role specific MMR data is absent or unreliable, so if you only played DPS over the last 6 months, they may do something differently to guess where your other 2 roles belong.

I won 2 out of 15 placements. 1 draw.
We got destroyed every game.
Placed within 100 of last season finish.
Placements mean nothing as usual.
No changes