Why not 4v4 in Lucioball

I think that in Lucioball 4v4 would be more interesting.
You have way more tactics to explore.
For example. You could play with 2 attackers and 2 goalies or even 1-0-3 or 1 attacker 2 who stay mid field and 1 goalie. And even formation wise.
You could play in a diamond formation or sort or like in a “Y” or simple square were the 2 at the back switch each other of being the goalie.

Thnx please let me know your opinion

You can set that up in custom game Lucioball.

Yes me too but thats more to your teammates always diving to the ball without thinking about it than to less room on the field (iho).

When we were creating the mode we tried a lot of different team sizes and field sizes… we settled on 3v3 because it felt the most fun and skillful to us.

9 Likes

1 goalie,1 striker,1 winger. 3 is good. But some variety for custom games would have still been nice.

The only problem would be how big you make the goal as more players equals more goals. Honestly, if you are one point ahead, you can just double goalie and hold the lead for an inordinate amount of time.

Hi Jeff, I love Lucioball. I have some suggestions: Add Lucioball as a year round selectable gamemode in custom games, and add an option to disable replays as they can get frustrating to watch every time someone scores.

2 Likes

Was 11 vs 11 one of them? :slight_smile:

I get throwers and leavers in competitive. I don’t even use Lucio so the mode is unfun for me. Please create a new event for Summer 2019. Give us another option.

Why not add obstacles in the middle of the field? Half the fun of Lucio is walliriding around, but there’s nothing to bounce off of in the field.

Have You considered different field shapes, slopes for the ball to roll on etc.? The biggest issue right now seems to be the field itself, as Lucio is all about that wallride, while the field is designed with complete lack of any consideration for the wallride.

Just dividding the field into the middle field and two side “terraces” ending with slopes towards the goals would ad both verticality and additional walls for the wallride. At the same time the jump pads would start to make much more sense.

Also one more thing would be a MASSIVE help - have two indicators on the screen to show if the ball is in range of abilities. Two icons with a fist and boop that turn red when the ball is to far away to be hit and green when in range. Absolutely simple and reliable solution for one of the biggest issues of the mode (or, just add an “aura” indicator of range that looks like the AOE range indicators in regular games).

1 Like