Why no collab skins?

Iam really curious why there are no collab skins?

You think Blizz doesnt want it?

Genji as Ryu hayabusa, Doomfist as Kratos etc. hundrets of cool options.

There was one collab in 7 years no? With lego and Bastion.

Why do you think we dont get collabs?

If I ran a company I wouldn’t want the possible impact on reputation by collabing with Actiblizz

5 Likes

Sky Centurion for Pharah is very reminiscent of Warhammer 40k.

1 Like

Because blizz has had a bad reputation for several years now and that would require more money than simply making a Demon Hunter skin for Sombra, or a Death Knight skin for Reinhart. Given, with their terribly thought out monetization system, they might make more, but definitely not from OW1 players.

1 Like

Id rather not see a collab also if I was the owner of those games I wouldn’t want my reputation ruined by collabing with something low as this game

I join the sentiments of others here. A collab with Blizzard is like willingly doing a school project with the most infamous person in the school.

They just want to keep the franchise contained in its own lore world, besides adding skins from other Blizzard IPs, which I think is good

Seeing Rick and Morty Soldier skin
or Amongus Hammond would seriously take me out of my immersion and make the game feel “cheaper”

I’d like a 2B colab skin for D.Va and turn her meka into something that looks straight outta Nier Automata.

For as long as I remember, Blizzard has always kept to themselves, with few exceptions.

Getting a license for collabs are expensive. And even then, the other party has to agree to a collab.

They said there would be collaborations for crossover skins, now, when? it is not known.

Licenses cost money. Not to mention finding anyone willing to collaborate with blizzard with its current rep.

Player base is getting lower by the day. The active one at least. Its getting easier to see the same players, so idk if people will collab that easily

i doubt koei tecmo would disgrace ryu like that.

I think (personal opinion okay?) this idea would make the game VERY ugly, confusing and bad, the Lego collab only worked because of Lego is something abstract and very moldable, The Illidan Genji and Tyrande Symmetra worked because make part of Blizzard content. If I want something like this I would play Paladins, Soulcalibur, or something else (saying again IS AN PERSONAL OPINION)