Why nerf Sombra?

Why nerf her?? because pros complained. Pros leaving = no money.

Keep pros happy = get money

Blizzard 2k18

4 Likes

Am I late to the party? Can anyone tell me where is the sombra nerf post? (I can’t find it).

Ok I want to agree with you as a sombra main, but I’ve been on these forums the last two weeks. It wasn’t just the pros.

She was nerfed because there was a lot of people who didn’t like getting hacked and the .1 second of leniency was annoying to a lot of people

You can’t deny that most of the posts on here didn’t have a legitimate argument (besides the ones about the latency) and most were throwing up that the pros were gonna get her nerfed.

It happened.

You realize there was a large majority of the forums who thought the changes were unnecessary too right? Or that they went too far? “Niche heroes are okay in this game.” - Jeff paraphrased. Then he doesn’t let niche heroes… be niche. Her pickrate was low because she was good on a few maps. Not because she was bad. If you played her in every game thats your fault for what you were doing to your team by being selfish and not the designers fault you didnt play niche hero on niche maps. Its getting old to see the pick rate argument as well. Id imagine most responsible team players picked her on those niche maps. Thus the pickrate. Meanwhile some folks here pick her every game and just screw their team over. Hopefully nerf does kill her off though. Should just delete the character if they’re going to buff/nerf/buff/nerf on a cycle without adjusting numbers of previous changes.

Here is the quote. 20 char.

2 Likes

It’s not nearly as bad a nerf as I assumed it would be.

Mercy still gets full CD reset when her rez is interrupted, all Sombra gets is a lousy 2 seconds. Don’t make a big deal out of it. It didn’t really impact her, except on the tippy-top of top-tiers, so why bother whining?

Edit: Oh wow, didn’t even notice that the interrupt is for damage. Does that mean that when the stricter LOS checks fail for a hack, that she doesn’t get the 2-second CD, and can try for another hack without delay?

I mean, yes, there’s niche and then I got hate messages sent to me for picking her on Anubis second point, where everyone agrees she’s a great pick. I mean, let’s not blame Jeff on that one. Also her acceptable playstyle was emp bot. Like, to say she was perfectly fine where she was may have been true for people who don’t play her.

Resurrect can be game changing. Resurrect also requires Mercy to die for the cooldown to start over. Sombra has to take 1 damage. From anything.

It means if sombra’s hack gets interrupted for ANY reason, sombra’s hack goes on a 2 second cooldown.

She is already clunky enough, but now this will make it worse.

2 Likes

I mean. I don’t see the issue as I see a lot of Sombra’s who preferred the ult charge from health pack. What is it split 50/50? Or does everyone prefer the old ult charge/new one?

There are a lot of people talking about how they’d prefer her pre-rework because it feels like a nerf now. So like I said, if people throw games when you pick a hero, and send you horrible messages before the game starts, a change is probably for the best. Heck, a buff would be for the best since the character isn’t balanced in any sense. Right now a lot of people think if you do the math on her after the nerf and compare it to pre-rework, the pre-rework is better.
Also I wouldn’t even really call her niche. There’s always room for her.

1 Like

If the pros complain, the pros get what they want even if their complaint really isn’t all that valid in the first place. Meanwhile, the same meta hero players continue to get rewarded, lower tier heroes stay in the lower tiers, and nothing is allowed to change because why would anyone want that? Blizzard made 27 heroes, but apparently only some of them are acceptable.

Does the cooldown for Rez go away when Mercy dies? I could swear it doesn’t because last I played her, I rez’ed, died, and was on my way back to the point with 14 seconds on my counter for rez. It was pretty late at night, so maybe I was hallucinating, but idk.

This literally shows you know nothing and your opinions are just asinine and based on personal salt. Shame on you for such a terrible statement.

1 Like

Take a like. (Damn 20 character shizz)

Mercy cooldown does reset when she dies. But that’s far different than taking a stray bullet during a teamfight.

Mercy, shouldn’t be resurrecting unless specific circumstances are met. Sombra should be trying to hack as much as possible since the buff. They nerfed her 6v6 potential in favor of her 1v1 potential. Now they’re going to completely ruin her 6v6 potential unless the enemy team is incompetent.

1 Like

It also goes on CD when she gets knocked back out of range during cast, or CC’d(more specifically any stun) during cast, correct?

With pre-rework Sombra, if you lobby up with a tank player or convince a tank player on your team to cooperate you could turbocharge emp literally every single teamfight and that was a viable tactic and exactly what the pros used her for. Now that’s taken away they compensated by buffing the hack and making her more of an actual teammate than a walking ult farm. Post-rework Sombra is much more fun IMO because you actually do more and you can use trans as a movement ability more like tracers blink than just an eject button. While the LOS/grace period nerf is fine, the cooldown nerf is really uncalled for considering she’s struggling as is. After the nerf I think I would rather be on the pre-rework.

Don’t worry I mean, they could nerf her into the ground and I’m sure a sombra would still be the one beating him

Ohhhhhh trust me I know all about what’s going on with Sombra and I’m beyond enraged. I have over 160 hrs in her, was willing to deal with the buff as it was, but now I’m screwed. Because I am more of a 6v6 Sombra than a 1v1 Sombra. Granted, everything is situational and I adapt as necessary, but that 2 second cooldown has me wanting to dropkick whomever whined the loudest. But thanks for clearing the Mercy thing up - I knew I was tired, lol.