Why most of the reworks suck

Because the devs like to take the core aspects of the heroes and butcher them. The one thing that should stay is what makes them unique. If that core aspect is OP, rework the method of how they deliver that. But never change what makes a hero interesting. It’s what happened with Sym, Mercy, Brig, Mei (upcoming I know but still), and Torb. Only one of those reworks was even remotely decent (Torb).

If there’s one thing Blizz should be stubborn about, it should be keeping the unique aspects of these heroes. Now HOW they deliver these aspects is up for the cards, but I feel like these heroes have become soulless because…they’re kinda bland if you take away those traits.

21 Likes

Which is why I’m somewhat nervous about Bastion’s future. I’m aware that it’s core gimmick was the cause of its issues but there has to be a way to maintain it without keeping Bastion held down competitively.

13 Likes

I heard they are reworking moira, bastion, orisa and some others for OW2

I’M TERRIFIED OF WHAT THEY GONNA DO TO MY BBYG AND HORSEY

10 Likes

Torb has the best rework though

And he still keeps his uniqueness IMO? (TURRET and MEATBALLS)

7 Likes

The only good rework :japanese_goblin:

I feel like Sym and Torb got reworked cause Brigitte armour… lol cause both of them were stripped of their shield/armour abilities after Brig

8 Likes

i honestly really like the sym. ill admit that i much prefered having the shield on command instead of an ult, but the playstyle is pretty fun.

idk exactly what people are complaining bout, sym is still crazy fun and hyper effective even in masters+

just because they remove one thing doesnt mean they arnt unique. how many other heroes do you know that can setup a teleporter and send not only people, but turrets through it? literally none its just symmetra

sym 1.0 wasnt op by any measure she was honestly very weak. but her shield gen COULD be op in the context of that era ( the shields went on top of armor, so you got all the armor dmg reduction but they had to shoot through all the shields.)

the first rework as i remember added the shield gen in the first place cuz her normal shield abiltiy was reaaaaally bad. what they eventually did was swapped the teleporter and barriers positions, so the tele was the normal skill and wall was the ult. that wall is very useful against hitscans.

youd think with how much people complained about widow (and how strong mccree+ashe are right now) people would like the giant wall

The torb rework was a massive downgrade.

They greatly reduced his effectiveness on defense to make him slightly better but still awful on attack.

I would take old torb over current torb if I could.

5 Likes

Yeah reworks are kinda hit or miss.

I am worried what they plan to do with some heroes and sad if they are dead set on removing freeze completely.

I hope they apply more creative options without making heroes blander.

4 Likes

the only aspect of the rework (and i dont remember if it was the rework itself or if it came after) that i hated for torb

was that the CD for turret didnt start until the turret was gone

being able to place a really cheeky turret at the start to farm ult charge then quickly place another one was great. it ment torb created crazy space and was a solid counter too flankers

hes still a good deterant, and hes certainly a more consistent hero. but ill always miss trollin tracer/genji’s who put in all that time to kill my turret…only for me to place another one right across from it and force em to run out anyway.

Let’s face it. It’s because Tracer mains whined that we got that added.

:eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes

unlikely, his turret and him were easy to kill as a tracer. most tracers didnt care or would go soldier out of spite xD

now genjis… 100% them its always the genji’s

Can’t wait for doomfist to get completely butchered in his rework and become another trash boring hero.

1 Like

I dunno. Those Tracer mains will whine about anything remotely inconvenient about them. They are almost all hyperactive children after all. :eye::lips::eye:

Seems like the reworks are necessary so certain heroes/abilities are not completely canceling the solo tank on the team.

I think Sym 1 -> Sym 2 wasn’t awful.

5 Likes

After the coal nerf I don’t think Moira can get any worse…

I’ll take any sort of rework.

I can’t re-quit the game anyway :clown_face:

This is true, but it’s a huge cause for concern. As others have pointed out, only a couple reworks actually got a positive response (DVa, Sym 2.0, and Torb are the only ones I can think of), and on top of the CC characters, they’re going to have to rework ALL of the tanks to actually function in this new Brawler direction. I have zero confidence in the balance team, based on their history with this.

Can’t wait to find out which reworked characters are Moth Mercy and which ones are Sym 3.0.

bc most of the devs who created OW left before the 1st disaster rework

2 Likes

Ibuki be spitting rn

1 Like

I dont see any heroes really lose their “core or identity”. Maybe some people just assume a wrong or an arbitrary “core aspect” of a hero.

1 Like