Why MMR reset won’t work

Yea maybe you do deserve to be a higher rank maybe you do play good , but the problem is that Overwatch ranks are already established and there’s a huge difference in every rank

1 Higher elo players will take advantage, if you already haven’t heard played over 3900 cannot stack with 3 players and higher and the sr cap for placements being 3300 will be huge and many will start 3/6 stack and now diamond ranked players will have to go against a gm 6stack and it becomes the same problem as smurfing
There will be a decent chance that you will either have a gm player on your team or the enemy and they will dominate ruining everyone’s mmr and after a week all the mmrs go back to normal
And here some players might’ve gotten a huge sr drop because of higher elo players in their sr and mmr reset will completely destroy comp

And now let’s think they only change sr because that’s what you want right? If your mmr is the same as before you will still play with the same rank in placements and you’ll be playing back at your rank that you were losing at so now you will place back to gold but if you really didn’t belong in that rank and won and carried, good job! But it’s very unlikely since your playing in your average sr

mmr reset won’t get you higher it’s a huge risk that you either stay at your old rank or even drop lower or go 1 rank up but who knows if you can sustain that rank maybe you drop down?

The reason people want mmr reset is because of the bad mindset of, “it’s my teammates fault, if I had better teammates I would win!” maybe you would but that’s how every ranked game works sometime you lose some, some times you win some

Bad teammates are real but so is a bad mindset focus on improving and I promise you, you will win, since your teammates are probably think the same thing, “my teammates are bad!” and just because I’m 4K doesn’t mean I was never in gold I used to think the same, but after I focused on my self I thought to myself, “is this really the elo I’m struggling in?”

When the time comes for you to rank up you’ll just know it, you’ll be able to point out mistakes that the enemy is doing and take advantage of it all the enemies weak points start to show.

And that is when your rank up process begins

4 Likes

yeah. Matches would be unbalanced garbage until ppl settle roughly to their previous ranks

2 Likes

I see big problem with the reset and thats alt accounts. Reset would be probably doable if every player has only 1 account. But with so many alts, ladder and ranks will be forming months if not years. +players who will be coming back to OW after long break, constantly keeping many games very unbalanced.

1 Like

They had a glitch where everyone’s SR or MMR was reset at the start of one season.

Placements were chaos. A total nightmare.

I was gold at the time and was put on a team with a pair of GM players. I’ve never felt more useless in my overwatch life. The other team also appeared to have a very wide range of skill.

It wasn’t fun. After that I have a much better appreciation for what the matchmaker does.

2 Likes

I want an mmr reset to get bad players out of high sr, not so I can “climb higher”

Smurfs arent the problem. Smurfs are a symptom of the real problem. The real problem is the game is dead, When most casuals leave how do you expect to climb in a game that has very few casuals in it?

Game is not dead yet. There is still casual player playing it too.

1 Like

Dude this game has NO WHERE near the amount of people that used to play in it. Climbing in a game that has say 1/2 million players playing in it is different than one that has say 5 million players in it.

That 30 million number or whatever was pulled like 2 years ago and that was just owners of the game not competitive players. People that actively play overwatch and people who play competitive are 2 completely different numbers.

Of course there isn’t 30 millions player playing the game now. Games get old and new one get out every year but there is still quite a bit of player. Unless the games get huge update every month or so it’s going to live on. Casual still plays and there is way more casual than competitive player.

1 Like

exactly you just said it there casual players and competitive players are 2 totally different animals. When it comes to competitive climbing no one cares about who plays qp or arcade as competitive is a food chain. When bronze players from one season quit a certain amount of silver players have to take their place.

There is no real shocker here. It’s the nature of all ladders. When people feel like they cant climb anymore or dont see results anymore they quit.

MMR resets have been proven to cause very unbalanced match making where top 500 players ended up in diamond and golds in masters.

1 Like