Why Mercy mains aren't happy. We aren't entitled, we're being hurt

“Hurt”

Methinks you need some perspective.

Incremental changes are not done to insult you, they’re done to prevent power shifts that break game balance.

You know this won’t be Mercy’s last change so stop talking like it is. Would you rather have a balanced Mercy in the long run? Or a completely monstrous Mercy now that gets sledgehammer nerfed in the long run?

If I was to apply that to any hero I play that’s considered underpowered the answer would be pretty obvious

Anyone?? I think you mean very specifically mercy mains, and maybe their close friends who have to hear them complain constantly.

What I’ll never get is why people act like someone from bliz physically hurt them with every change.

1 Like

I think this rhetoric of personal harm is… Harmful? Deleterious? Not productive?

1 Like

Rn at least Mercy can keep up

1 Like

Mercy’s are constantly flying around putting our fires. If playing mercy is boring for you then you’re playing her wrong.

If no one complained you think they’d be buffing her now?

There wasnt a brigade of people calling for lucios buffs after he got hit the the hammer, yet over some time and some stats pointing out issues, he got buffed, so yes i do.

The reason you are not being taken seriously is because you are completely and utterly devoid of an honest analysis of what makes a primary healer in Overwatch, what makes a secondary healer, how to analyze their actual performance within their given roles, and most importantly, you are allowing your bias to interfere with your ability to honestly make valid comparisons.

I’ll start:

Definitions: Primary healer. Sometimes referred to as “Triage healer”. This is a person who delivers a large stream of consistent single target damage when and where needed. The primary requirements are to have a consistent source of healing which can be provided to an individual who needs it, and a strong method of getting the healing yo the individuals who need it, when they need it.

Primary healer is NOT measured by total hitpoints healed over the course of a game, that has very little impact on the success of a group. What is far more important is the ability to reliably deliver a relatively constant stream of heals to get your teammates back into action.

It is NOT to heal through incoming constant damage. Folks need to take an active part in their own survival, and a main healer needs to recognize those who dont, and make them lowest priority.

Now that we have set out the criteria, who fits the role? Well, 2 heroes do, and one is really close. Ana exchanges mobility for range, and this works very well for her. She has an emergency large heal (however this is also her only way to heal herself), and a reliable escape tool. Mercy has a decent stream of healing, yes probably a little low relatively, should probably get a ratchet up to 55hps. She has the best mobility, which is also the best escape, and can get to the injured and apply heals no matter what crazy stuff those characters do (the underselling of the strength of autolock is shameful). She works well in the role. Moira has plenty of heal potential, but has several break points which harm her dearly. First, short range and aim on heals, so she needs to move much more than the others, however Fade is on a much longer refresh, making her much less likely to be able to be where she is needed when she is needed. Furthermore, she is required to engage offensively to keep up defensively. The chance of being bereft of the resource to heal when needed further harms her reliability.

No group who wants to win a game against another competent team chooses their healer based on how many enemies they happen to hit with a silly damageball resulting in artificial elims. They choose based on who is able to best keep their team alive.

The fatal flaw of comparing total healed HP creeps into your comparison with secondary healers as well. Secondary healers top off groups, and over the course of a fight, they can generate a lot of healing, but it isnt actually crucial healing, not can someone who is only capable of 19hp/second outperforming a Mercy in her primary role. They are ENABLING her to perform her primary role by keeping the group topped off when not in danger. Furthermore, they all have crucial non healing tasks that they do, be it speed, peeling, damage debuffing, etc and should not be compared with primary healers, as their roles, including how they heal, are much different.

1 Like

I don’t know. Why don’t you ask them? not only mercy/support mains, but also Tanks and some dps mains who feel Mercy cannot keep up. There are lit hundreds of threads from many #mains about Mercy’s bad state, wanting buffs, reverts, or tweaks.

This relative, and none of the points you stated here are reasons why she should not be buffed. Btw if you play Mercy with no skill, then you are a really bad Mercy player, it’s up to the player you know?

This just shows that you don’t have any understanding about balance. A hero not being played for being underpower is bad for the game in everyway.

You’ve played this game since month 1… are you sure? Because only level 266 after 2 and a half years the game has been out. You don’t play that much don’t you? every player I know since the game launched is now at least silver frame, and many of them don’t play that much. So, you don’t have the Huge Res achievement, that means you didn’t play her that much (being a support main) to have an opinion about her play style, it also makes me doubdt that you play this game since day 1 when huge res was a thing. You have 1 hour with Mercy on QP, and on Comp you have less than an hour on this season, but you said you don’t like her, so you don’t play her… so how can you possible know that she is boring nor takes no skill to play?. BTW, If it is true that your play Lucio since launch, why did you stop playing him after Mercy’s rework? it’s not that he wasn’t viable, he is an off-healer, so you should’ve been fine playing him with a Mercy in your team, if the enemy team comp allowed you to. For example, if the enemy didn’t have a Sombra or Zarya, you were fine with Lucio…

But I agree, Mercy is boring. Not only that, she’s trash and underpowered. I’m an Ana main 180+ hour with her, so I love this current version of the game. But I understand about mechanics and balance in this game. Having 70+ hours with Lucio, I can say he is great now and Ive had many fun times with him more now than ever, but there are a few heroes needing some love. Mercy needs lots.

1 Like

Idea: Replace Rez for a stun that has a cool down for 1 second and stuns everyone forever, except you…,…,…,.,.,.,.,.,.,…,…,…,…,…,…
Joke btw

1 Like

I think I’m a bit of middle ground here, I respect your opinion.
While I’m disappointed to see what the Developers did here. If I’m being honest I like both the original Mercy and Valkyrie Mercy (before it was nerfed like 20 times). The current Valkyrie ultimate righ now, I just think that if it’s going to stay as her ultimate it should be a bit more engaging, instead flying above the team with chain beam healing/damage. She has more potential to be impactful to the game if they just looked at what the community feedback has said. Valkyrie to me personally, makes me feel like a floating duck waiting to be solo ulted. But I’m starting to think that they might as well switch places between Rez and Valk, making it an E ability instead. Or better yet just combine Angelic Descent with Valkyrie so she doesn’t always have to rely on teammate to get out of a hairy situation. I also think they should consider replacing damage boost with something better. I believe that’s one of the most boring parts of her kit that doesn’t do much.

It’s got my vote lmao! Make Mercy a part of the wretched stun meta :joy:

Make overwatch great again… by adding stuns :joy:

1 Like

And I think might you need some grammar lessons lol jk

I don’t want mass rez back. I think that Mercy needs a buff to put her more on par with Moira.
Put her at 60/s heals all the time, and increase the range on healing and damage buffing during Valkyrie.
Give her immunity while resurrecting in Valkyrie like she had during mass rez.

it’s not even auto aim.

You’re Mr Hyde side is really scary! :cold_sweat:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s just so frustrating when the “cult” types use “we” and whatnot when going off as if all Mercy mains feel the same when that simply isn’t true.

1 Like

I agree with your whole post. It’s sad because I used to main Mercy and have now since dropped her for Ana / Moira. Why would I want to play a character who can’t even outheal ONE dps’ damage? Lol.

Besides that, I think you’re also right about Ana not being “good” she just looks good because Mercy got nerfed. ALL supports need to be buffed higher. They shouldn’t be free kills, they should all have some form of self-regeneration, and they should all have a get away option.

Valkyrie is cool but IMO it should not be an ult, it should be switched with Res - Valk would make a nice cooldown ability. We should get the ability to Mass Res back. It’s an ultimate FFS, it SHOULD be powerful and game changing.

The only thing I will disagree with is the complain about Moira healing more than Mercy. This is not an issue. Mercy has utility where-as Moira just has damage / healing and her superior healing is tied to a resource meter + cooldown or an ultimate. So that’s fine, IMO. But Mercy should heal more than other healers.