Why mercy mains are so toxic?

Oh now you finally talk. See? Do I need to say more?

Nothing about low effort. I treat hear the same as any other hero. I enjoy winning with her, or winning with Rein, or with D.Va, or with Ana all the same. I put the same effort on every hero I play.

Do you all Mercy mains see how this person is treating me? My views on Mercy is a result of knowing and treating all heroes the same way. I already said why she has a spot as an entry level hero. You don’t have to hate me for disagreeing with you. Also you don’t need to reply to me, it’s an unpleasant conversation.

2 Likes

The only reason why we have a problem right now is cause you are saying every Mercy main is like this. When it’s not true.

Also, you started this conversation. We are just responding.

I’ve had the same experience playing Genji yet I ignored them and continued. I didnt let them tell me what to do.

Hope you have a good day. :wink:

Why is anyone toxic? Being toxic is gross and no one likes toxic players. Join the Cool Kids Club and gain access to our pillow fort, all you have to do is not be an prick. There’s plenty of room in the fort everyone join us

1 Like

You are lucky he is just replying. They went after my Symmetra thread and tried to troll and derail it. Literally necro-ed a one month old post just out of spite. Then they falsely reported me and I had to repeal my silence.

1 Like

Posting an opinion directly related to the topic of the thread =/= derailing? I’m not sure you know what “derailing” means.

2 Likes

You and your buddies went into my profile and looked for my thread and necro-ed a one month old thread just to make a troll post and derail the conversation. You are not fooling anyone.

And here’s the proof:

1 Like

Are you just going to keep copy and pasting that in every thread you go to? Even when you’re proven wrong every time?

Isn’t that spam? :thinking:

2 Likes

You just posted the same thing in this thread as well so naturally my answer is going to be the same, surprise surprise. Not gonna waste anymore time with trolls like you, the evidence is there and I have it saved just in case you decided to delete your post.

No matter how many times you say “the evidence is there”, it doesn’t really mean anything when you don’t actually have evidence.

2 Likes

Here’s you necro-ing one month old thread just to troll. You went into my profile and purposefully necro-ed it with the intent to troll because you sure as hell didn’t see the thread any other way since it’s one month old. Again, you are not fooling anyone.

Again, it’s an appropriate response that’s directly related to the topic of the thread. I don’t see how that’s trolling. Necroing isn’t against the rules as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

The text you quoted was a reply to me. I assure you, I can be reasoned with. I invite you to try if you’re unsure about this.

The discussion between me and Zfreak613 was regarding the definition of spam. Zfreak’s perspective is that Mercy players are spamming the forums because there are many Mercy threads and some points repeat between them.

My perspective is that spam is an act that requires intention. What we are actually seeing is many people going on to the game forum and discussing a decision that impacted their game play. This is what you’d expect on any public forum following a big gameplay change. It’s how public discourse works in any public forum.

There are two sides to this argument, and I don’t think either one of them is prima facie untenable.

Disregarding the semantics though, it’s also a good idea for Mercy players to appear in force on the forums. In May Jeff posted a thread on the forums claiming that Mercy was balanced. From late May till mid July the forums were flooded with nerf Mercy posts, many of which wanted the healing to be reduced to 50 hps. There’s good reason to believe that being vocal on the forums can lead to design decisions.

As an aside - any Mercy player is a real Mercy player and I’m sorry people told you that you weren’t. You absolutely are, and you have a right to your opinion. Own it. But be open and listen to other people rather than claiming that they are beyond reason.

I myself found two week’s ago Mercy to be one of her most fun incarnations. I don’t want mass res back (in fact, I personally want res to be completely removed). But I think the current nerf was flat out horrible. For me, it’s very frustrating to be unable to keep people up when it counts, to see fights lost due to the lowered healing, and to see her efficacy as a main healer dive so steeply. I think the stats on overbuff back me up.

The spam is undeniable to the point that they even admit it because they know they will not face repercussions because the hive-mind will upvote any Mercy thread and false-flag any different opinion.

People that are against mass rez returning back or think Mercy is currently fine and balanced are harassed and falsely flagged for being trolls. They actively trolled my Symmetra thread and falsely reported me to where I had to repeal my silence and luckily it only took a day for them to see the evidence and repeal it.

When one side false-flags and harasses the other side and tries to silences them, it’s no longer a debate. When people tell you are you are not a Mercy player, and therefore your points have no merit, this isn’t a debate. But this is happening and there’s proof of that in my case and also because otherwise threads like these wouldn’t exist. There’s a reason why so many people are complaining against this specific sub-group of mercy players.

And you apparently aren’t part of that sub-group if you don’t want Mass Rez to return. And I’m actually perfectly happy if they buffed Mercy if Rez is removed as a mechanic. So I was wrong and right at the same time - you can be reasoned with. But the spam and mob tactics of certain sub-group in the forum is undeniable.

Still have yet to provide any evidence for this.

Again, still waiting on any evidence of this.

Again, an on-topic reply to a public thread is not “harassment”, ditch the victim complex.

symmetra is fun and balanced. if you cannot deal with opinions why do you make topics??
and i did not go to your profile lol

Necro-ing a one month old thread. The only way you could have done that is by specifically going to my profile and finding that thread. Not fooling anyone.

Nice to see your buddy jumping in. Thanks for proving my point yet again.

Like I said, necroing isn’t against the rules and certainly isn’t “harassment”. And multiple people disagreeing with you is not “my buddies jumping in” or “a lynch mob” or “harassment”. It’s simply multiple people disagreeing with you. If you genuinely cannot cope with that, then maybe you shoulnd’t post opinions on a public forum. :woman_shrugging:

Again, not fooling anyone about the intent and why you did it. It’s only one specific sub-group on this forum, that’s it. Oh I’m perfectly fine, if you think this affects me in any way, sadly you are mistaken.

Pesky bees! :grimacing:

Once again, I’m sorry you had such bad experiences with a certain group. I do however feel like you’re viewing a whole non monolithic collection of people with a distorted lens.

There are many players here who feel the nerf very heavily and are discussing in the place designated for such discussions. Some of them may be militant about it, but the vast majority are not. It’s unfortunate that both sides seem to see the worst in the other side (this absolutely goes for both factions). I think it’s sad that Blizzard’s bumbling balance decisions have made the community so adversarial on this issue.

As I pointed above, I still don’t buy your point on spam. I gave an example in a previous post. If this was the official forum for discussing US politics and the US declared war on North Korea, then you would see a flood of posts. They wouldn’t all be different, they wouldn’t all be nice, but they would be exactly what you would expect from a public discourse. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that it’s not spam. It’s just what you would expect when big decisions are made.