Why Mercy mains are disapointed by the recent buffs

Well, I think it’s genuinely possible to convince devs to change that.

But as a Single Rez.

But wouldn’t that count as a very drastic change, shifting out her E abilities? Frick your defifinition of minor change confuses me dude.

Well, it would still be the same heals, same Valk, and it would still be a single rez. Just a different version of the single rez.

The method is a bit different, but the result is the same, and can be scaled to have roughly the same powerlevel.

1 Like

Personally, I think Valkyrie does have the opportunity to stay in Overwatch, but I think they really will have to change some things about her kit in order to do so. First, Rez on E needs to go, not be deleted from the game, but it needs to be tied to her ultimate. Resurrect is an ultimate ability no matter what game it’s in. I’m not saying Ult Rez (1.0) needs to come back but I think the dev team will be able to find a medium between Valkyrie and Ult Rez kinda like a Mercy 2.5 rework.

You realise that what you and I just described is literally one thing that most people would consider a “rework” by this definition right?

True enough, but the capabilities of the hero would still be nearly the same.

The trick is figuring out how to make the most difference, while still making it feel “similar enough” to the current design.

Since it’s really more of an aesthetics change than a gameplay change, if implemented properly.

1 Like

Of course you would, he replied 1 min after the post before him. Doesn’t really matter though, if you miss one of the many Mercy threads today they’ll be new ones tomorrow.

I don’t think you do.

You are just hurting your cause. Developers already knows Mercy mains doesn’t like Mercy.

Most of the threads are just complaints, no actual suggestions to what can be done (actual suggestions, not just #revert), then you take that and post it a hundred more times.

The few actual suggestions gets buried by all the Mercy threads that pops up daily, lowering the chance a Dev sees that suggestion.

So never right?

Mass ress isn’t coming back and Mercy mains will never be happy until she is #1 healer on the board in every situation.

I rather have them silence and/or put all of these in another mass thread.

How could they? You spam this forum, 95% of the times it’s just the same old thread over and over again.

Are you sure about this ? Because from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t look like they know. It doesn’t even look like they are aware of our existence.

Which is not a problem. A complaint can be constructive as long as it offers a valid point of view on a situation and remains respectful.

Baseless claims hold no weight.

Generalising a group of people instead of having an actual conversation leads nowhere.

Wishing people to be silenced or put in quarantine is childish at best, toxic at worst.

3 Likes

If you can’t behave you get a timeout.

They rarely are.

Yes.

This rez on E needs to go.

This is irrelevant to the point I was making.

You are wishing people to be silenced because of their opinions, not because the way they behave. At least, this is what you said in your first post.
Ever heard of freedom of speech ?

This is also irrelevant to the point I was making.

A complaint is not always something negative. I’m not discussing how likely complaints are constructive, but how they are not fundamentally unconstructive.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with Blizzard silencing people on their own platform.

well then it seems this whole conversation was started by an issue with terminology that you and I are on the same page about and just didn’t know it.
carry on then.

1 Like

Back to Pharmercy domination in the lower ranks, I suppose.

Just because she’s super mobile doesn’t mean she can’t have drawbacks. Rez is the most powerful singular non-ULT ability in the game. It needs a something to balance it.

Hanzo and Doomfist are both very mobile but that doesn’t mean Hanzo shouldn’t have to slow down to draw his bow or Doomfist should move full speed while charging rocket punch.

Let’s break this statement down.

These statements are mutually exclusive my dude. Mercy 1.0 was C tier after BUFFs that were the invulnerability frames and the most respected thread on this topic suggested a rework that not only removes the i Frames but also adds a cast time.

So we all got behind what is basically a nerf (minus the E ability because we do want her to be at least viable obviously) and you think we want her to be a must pick hero again.

1 Like

“Buffs” being what we already had before. The devs are STILL ignoring our feedback. Don’t enable them by calling this joke update a “buff” for Mercy.

3 Likes

Other fav video How It Feels To Main Mercy in 2018 - YouTube

The cast time is more than enough to balance it.

You know what might increase the skill ceiling? Being able to Guadian Angel and not interrupt the casting animation. Or being able to shoot while doing it.

Also need I not remind you, Mercy is slowed the most out of all three characters. The only reason it’s done is because people can’t shoot at her and Blizzard needed to make it easy.

You really seem to not understand.

People are free to express their opinions. Wishing them to be silenced for that is toxic.

1 Like