Why mass rez actually got removed

Kill mercy before investing ults, simple as that. Healers should be the DPS top priority when killing

That’s why they called that era “Hide and Rez”

And on defense, if you kill her, she still has it. You have to kill Mercy first every push for several minutes. They have to hide her successfully once. Or just time it so that she swoops in towards the end of the fight having come back from spawn.

1 Like

You know the reason why all her teammates would die is because they only had one healer, right? Not every team kill is behind 3 ults being used.

If someone on the enemy team is chasing down Mercy, it’s still a 5 on 5 and the defending team has no advantage.

And Res wasn’t just about burning ults. If the attackers got 2 kills and got wiped, Mercy swoops in and turns a 0-4 into a 6-4 and sweeps the point.

1 Like

Ok, a lot of ppl keep talking about Hide and Rez as one of the main reasons the rework happened, which is true.

However, if that was the main issue, just give her a 1.5 sec cast time and BAM! Hide and Rez for a 5 man is SO much harder to pull off. Is it impossible? Prolly not, but it would take a miracle.

Add Line of Sight so she can’t hide, and change invulnerability to 50% dmg reduction. Make Valk into an E ability (they can do it however they want). Presto! A version of Mercy where she has a powerful ult with counterplay (seriously, if she has to fly into danger with 1.5 sec of not being able to move and you STILL can’t kill her, I don’t know what to tell you.) and some other utility for her to help the team.

THIS is what the rework should have been. A toned down Mass Rez with a new E ability, not the Moth we got that has had to be butchered to be balanced, but can be so bland at times it HURTS.

All I want is for Mercy to have an ult that gives her a shining moment like the other heroes, instead of spectator cam for 15 seconds.

2 Likes

A mercy Mass Rez thread will NEVER die with the other threads they try to hide. Despite the mass amounts of complaints :wink:

If there was a problem with Mass rez Vs Moth Mercy.

1 ) Mass Rez, Mei’s Blizzard and Meteor strike pretty much have the SAME bugged AOEs. So there is no excuse for them NOT to come back to it.

2 ) Moth Mercy means that a flying mercy is going to use that pistol against other teams and NOT stay behind the lines.

3 ) If Mass rez was SUCH an issue They COULD have taken the easy approach of Channeled casting times AND giving players ONLY 20-30% of their base health back.

It still gives me a good laugh, that any time Jeff Kaplan goes onto a live stream, a post or something. It is ALWAYS going to be the #1 question asked.

Bring back Mass Rez - Mercy Mass Rez 3:16.

and im sure his inbox is always flooded with Mass Rez requests and a few cars that drive by their houses with signs about mass rez :stuck_out_tongue: … as well as their parking lot. RIP.

Someday I bet for 1 week they will turn the ability back on and make an announcement for it. Watch the servers CRASH like they did for WoW classic :stuck_out_tongue:

Mass Rez got removed because it was a good ult and Mercy isn’t allowed to have a good ult so they had to remove it.

2 Likes

Any form of bringing a dead player back to life, whether it be multiple or single is to overpowered and unbalanced. 3 years of playing Mercy and I would gladly have that ability removed.

This is what Blizzard aimed for by giving Mercy invulnerability during Mass Resurrect.

They wanted the players to hate resurrection mechanics so much that they could destroy a hero and act like what they did was a good thing.

Blizzard brain washing at its highest function.

Mass Rez was removed because it had Mercy players hiding once they had ult which isn’t compelling game play. Also it forced mirror match ups because if your team didn’t have a mercy and the other team did, you’d most likely lose all the team fights.

People really need to stop comparing sustain healers with burst healers. Her hps isn’t half as important as her consistency. The problem is the meta favors hps currently. That doesn’t take away from how important sustain is if the meta were to shift.

literally no one cares about mass rez anymore go post in your aria rose discord server

She probably should have it now, would add diversity to her kit

They could tie valk to her R, and maybe put it on a resource meter so she can fly [like maybe echo or pharah]

Then make her E ability a cleanse that adds 10+ extra Hps

Would make her VERY interesting to play

The only other main healer at the time was Ana who got nerfed into the ground. I literally played in high sr matches at that time and it was Mercy and Mercy. If you look back into many matches back then it was mercy mercy mercy.

Both Mei and Reaper were not good at all when mass rez was a thing

Personally I think Mass Rez was nice but Valkyrie is just as nice.

Oh wow the entire enemy team pressed Q and cries when Mercy comes in and presses Q back. It’s almost as if they could’ve kept an ult or two in case of Mercy mass rez and the problem is them mis-managing ult economy:

I don’t wanna hear that argument. It’s a skill issue if everyone wasted their ult.
Oh it countered people’s ult? So do a lot of other ults, or even abilities.
All they had to do was remove her invincibility during rez and telling people to get good and stop wasting all their ult at once.

Yeah, it is really ridiculous that they didn’t even try any big changes to it, instead just completely butchered her kit.