Why leavers cancel the game

It shows how good you are at winning.

1 Like

Oh, so it is skill and should be used to make matches then.

2 Likes

No.

Welcome to my ignore list. Always room for 1 more troll.

EDIT: YOU CAN IGNORE FOR 6 MONTHS NOW! YESS!!!

1 Like

Guess that’s checkmate and I didn’t even have to sacrifice my queen this time

They don’t need to use MMR for matchmaking at all been terrible for years.

Grab someone the same Sr match.

1 Like

Pretty easy to tell when someone like that is just clueless. They’ll do nothing more than try to twist arguments or ignore any possible chance that they’re nothing more than salty or not as good as they think they are.

Imagine thinking that SR which literally stands for skill rating has anything to do with skill level

1 Like

Imagine thinking that calling it sr means anything. It could be called rank number or ladder location and mean the same thing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if mmr was more than just one simple number. Like sr is the super simplified version we can see that primarily measures your ability to win or lose games you have an impact in, but mmr measures your strengths in multiple areas. From ability to kill quickly or heal in volumes, to the ability to get results from utility tools (sleep darts or anti nade for example). It could use rank to narrow the pool from which it will try to grab players for a game then like two team captains picking their team it could use the mmr to decide what team they end up on to try to match teams with as close to equal levels of durability and kill potential.

1 Like

I believe they’ve said it is, which is why they don’t use it as SR.

1 Like

Wish I could see them tbh. Like even if it was behind some sort of deep menus but just to be able to see what the game thinks my strengths are between kill potential, durability or helping my team survive.

MMR is a number generally between -3 and +3 and is measured in Standard Deviations.

Source?

Not necessarily doubting you, just not sure it’s that simple.

Here you go: How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 22), see the section on Matchmaking.

Jeff is an idiot and say’s all kinds of crap to keep people happy that enver turn out. Comp is a damn joke and rightfully so and it’s amazing how they refuse to add the few things that would make the game decent again.

Look dude I may not be as skilled as you at overwatch and you’re right I’m salty af about that. But I bet I still have a higher ladder location than you.

Cool dude. Never really cared about my location on the ladder. I play my best and if I win I win, if not I go next.

1 Like

Rebalance the teams… Shuffle… Kick some… Idc… Just use the existing 11 instead sending them back to main menu

I can hardly believe that. It must be exponencialy faster than form match and find 12 players.

Creating 6v6 match must be pretty complex task, finding one player is ez.

Think about it. Use SR instead of MMR, and pretend we have 11 players already locked into their roles with given SRs, because that’s what happens when you lose 1 from a balanced match. That means we need 1 specific role at 1 specific SR (say we need a 3080 SR tank player). We are now waiting on an exact match for that, and cannot proceed until we have a 3080 SR tank player, within the tolerances set, so maybe 3050-3110. Every player we remove from the 11 gives more flexibility. Maybe our DPS are all 3000 SR for simplicity. Well, drop one of them from the game and we could instead grab a 3100 SR DPS from the queue and a 3000 SR tank to go with the 10 left, since that new DPS changed the acceptable tank needed to 2950-3000 SR. Drop more, and you have even more wiggle room to hit that 50% chance of win on both sides.

The fewer restrictions, the greater the possibility you have a workable combination of 12 players already within the queue. It’s how any matchmaking algorithm works. It looks at every permutation of X options taken from all of the available options in queue, and waits until it has a permutation that produces a value within a certain range when plugged into an equation.

3 Likes