Why isn't Total Mayhem permanent?

I understand it’s an arcade mode, but honestly… My group of friends overwhelming think any type of CTF or free-for-all deathmatch modes are boring.
Overwatch itself has gone so stale with the lack of updates and all the dramas. I find myself not even launching Overwatch if I know Total Mayhem is going to be gone. I feel like a lot of people feel the same.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Contrary to some players’ belief, it is not one of the most popular modes, but more of a niche mode that is intended for chaotic fun. Furthermore, the dev team have mentioned they would retire the mode entirely if it was not acknowledging those who like the mode.

1 Like

I just think it’s one of the better “party” modes. My friends and I really like to play wacky game modes like it on weekends. Sadly since it’s in this rotation, it won’t be there Friday. :disappointed:

Because when you meet the tryhard 6-stacks going all meta in total mayhem, AND think theyre good at the game because if it, i understand why jeff regrets making it

Its not even that good of a mode, and its very arcady like the rest. Why wouldnt it be rotated like normal

Because they won’t remove the hidden mm…oh!, you mean the mode.

That tryhard-plagued, luck based, mirror match mess? Permanent? No. I am done with that mode, but I wouldve quit it way sooner if it was around every day.

No Limits is more tolerable than that.

Imo is the worst mode