Why is this happening to my game?

Hey anyone, my Overwatch has been so increasingly buggy and annoying lately that I cannot find a fix for it. When I launch the game I already see issues, game is choppy, slow, and stuttering just on the launch screen, and mind you I play on Low for maximum performance. Once I load into a game, practice range, whatever you want, my games performance drops like a brick. I don’t know what has caused this, and I’ve uninstalled programs and tinkered with some troubleshooting with the game itself, but my game plays in about 90-140 stuttering, laggy, fps. As well the game feels unresponsive and plays slower than it should. My graphics card is a GTX 1060 and I have a 6700k (its all I can remember off the top of my head). The game used to run in about 200-250 fps no issues before, and ever since about Blizzworld/Archives I’ve been having massive issues with the game. I have found one fix to put me back to the fps im used to but that’s uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and the fix reverts itself once I log out of the game and log back in.

I’m so out of options and I just want to play competitive with faith knowing that I am going to have consistent performance on my end, so I can actually enjoy the experience.

Guide used:

I can’t find the other things I used, they’re all blizzard based tech support. Please any help here would be helpful, I’m out of ideas.

1 Like

Hey there, my guide is intended to squeeze out the maximum system performance but even then, issues can still cause undesirable results.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.

I definitely did all these steps and more yesterday. This is really not the issue -

1 Like

Did you find solution?

If you’re still having troubles after using Wyomings guide, have a look for a guy called Panjno on You Tube, run through his three guides, one on Windows, one on Nvidia settings, and one on Overwatch settings.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.