Why is the SR/MMR formula kept a secret?

I’m allowed to ask blizzard to release the MMR forumal

i’m also allowed to voice my opinion that it’s in bad taste to keep it hiddne

1 Like

But at this point it should be clear that they won’t. You’ve been asking for years now; sometimes no response is your answer. Sometimes they’ve already answered and aren’t going to repeat themselves - as is the case here. They’re not giving you anything more, so just work on improving yourself and you’ll climb. I have faith in you!

1 Like

they’ve never commented on their reasoning behind why they keep the MMR formula a secret

Yes, they have. 20 c

can you please link it?

um, this isn’t what I asked for

FACT: Blizzard has never explained why they keep the MMR formula hidden.

1 Like

Yes, they have. I’m not going to do the research for you; it’s all there in the link.

no it’s not, I already read the whole thing long before this conversation started

they make no mention as to why they don’t divulge the MMR formula

Yes, they do. Try reading it again.

that’s not how citations work

That’s not how research works. They have indeed explained why the MMR isn’t visible and why they won’t provide more detail on it.

no they haven’t, please provide a citatioin

Here you go: How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 20)

that’s not how citations work

/shrug well when they continue to ignore your spam, you’ll know why - they’ve already answered. Learn to research and you’ll find the answers you seek. Improve yourself and you’ll win more, you don’t need anything else.

1 Like

that’s fine, but don’t say they exist and not be willing to back up your claim

Who actually cares?
Playing video-games is about salt, git gud, you deserve the rank, you have to carry to climb, you are hard-stuck for a reason, you do not have game sense…yadda yadda
Basically:
me>you
me —>awww, I feel good
you --> I am angry
me --> aww, feels even better
This is what gaming is and not mmr sr usb asap booobnobobo

the score and the game are one and the same

But I did, it’s all right here: How Competitive Matchmaking and Rating Works (Season 20)