Why is Symmetra's Teleporter only one way?

This, and it should not be used to change characters or you suck at the game and shouldn’t have picked the character to used to enter the teleporter just to go back through it.

Running back through the teleporter returns a charge to the teleporter.

Probably also a terrible idea, but I want to see what people say to this lol

2 Likes

i could see changing to like mei to help contest point then you get it under control so you return through the teleporter and switch back to something else

If that was the case teammates can just walk back through the TP and walk out of spawn to increase the charges

I suppose, but it would require people to ignore the teleporter on the way from spawn, walk to the other end of it, then walk through it and end up in spawn again.

sure, let them instantly go from the point to spawn and get a free 100% health refill by being in spawn, thats balanced

2 Likes

As well as CD resetting

2 Likes

Then you can’t walk back through it unless you went into it from spawn.

On second thought, Sombra would be able to abuse it. She could leave a translocator, walk through the exit and into spawn, then just translocate to her beacon which would increase the charge of the teleporter.

2 Likes

Because anyone who just hates Sym (so most comp players in my experience) would just go back and forth just to use all the charges and waste ur ult.

Making a two-way teleporter isn’t a bad idea, but having Symm have to place both the entrance and exit portal on the map would be impractical, since she could easily die in the process or the opening would be destroyed before the exit gets placed.

As for letting players instantly return to the spawn room to instantly heal back to full health and use another charge to go back into the firefight… well, that’s just ridiculous.

1 Like

I kinda like the idea,worth trying imo. At the moment teleporter isnt really good,it only comes into play when people are dying and shield gen is better in most cases anyway. If you use it like a medikit enemies will find it even faster. No doubt it would be much better then at the moment but thats the point.

The idea is good

We cant be constantly having good ideas turned down for " Oh you can abuse it by xxxxx" Just report and ban the people that do

1 Like

chase enemy genji as winston
he’s 1 hp
he teleports back to spawn
out comes a charging reinhardt who kills me

It would be pretty funny

Allowing players to use a teleporter to get to spawn is open to abuse for healing & cooldowns!
endless: Scatter arrows, Helix rockets, Matrix, Rez’s, bubbles… plus never dying. it would make assaulting 2nd point impossible!
Being able to use the teleporter both ways would be good, as long as both points where away from spawn and its potential abuse.

It’s not a good idea though.

“Endless”…its not like you suddenly get unlimited tp usage. Usually you kinda hide your tp and its not in the middle of the battle,if it is its destroyed in no time.

you can’t see how it can be abused?
as a simple example; a 2nd capture point.
a soldier fires his rockets, jumps in the teleporter to spawn switches heroes then back to solder as fast as the player can (refreshing cooldowns) then back through teleporter to fire rockets again, then repeats the process again and again. The technique could be used for any hero and make for terrible fights when used to stall a point as it inevitably will be.
sure i’m not suggesting that the teleporter has infinite uses but it is certainly abusive and not in the spirit of the game.

I love the idea of a 2 way teleporter, i think that is fantastic! but for that to be a good ability it unfortunately then can’t be used near the spawn room. :frowning:

Sounds like a actually useful teleporter to me. What if the teleporter gets destroyed when the soldier is switching his kit? Risk vs reward…atm teleporter just sucks and shield gen is better 90% of the time.

That is actually a good idea. I would love to go back to teleport room/spawn to swap out when needed. It can be a game changer. Sym could use more love.