Why is Overwatch region locked?

It’s region locked on console. Why is there no option to switch servers like on PC? To clarify, Sony has always said about these things “it’s up to the devs of the game not us”. Like Apex lets me switch to any server worldwide. OW custom games are worldwide as well and I have had a few different region games in comp but it’s super rare. I just want consistently to play on a different server.

I am kind of glad just to keep the connections stable. No offense, but I don’t want Europeans hopping on to the NA servers with their 300 ping.

why tho? why would you want to play on a server that will have a worse connection to the one you’re on automatically. the only reason i can think of is to play with a friend or something.

It’s usually east coast so like 140 ping. Many EU streamers play on NA because better games, like ml7 or kragie.

It’s not region locked, the servers are all under the same game version (unlike PC where you have to switch servers to access a different one), it puts you on the sever that has the best ping for you or your party.

I can party up with my American friend in game on xbox and it will put me in an American game, but if I play alone it will put me on EU servers.

I want it to be like on PC where I can choose it. Why Blizzard never gave an option to?

I sometimes forget to turn off my VPN after watching American things and end up in NA servers with massive ping.

And im not even sorry :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

300 ping for an EU player would be East-Southeast Asia. NA is 140-190. Mostly East Coast games.

I don’t know if this is the case for all PC players or just me but I can’t switch servers either.

It’s unbearable playing on European servers because 99% don’t speak English at all, so the whole strategy aspect is out the door.

It’s intentional. There are no regions. You get put into servers that are closest to you iirc. Region picking is no more.

More info here:

Population shrinking significantly.