Why is Mystery FFA a thing?

I don’t play it. I wouldn’t care if it didn’t completely replace the game mode i do like for a whole week and the coming weekend, meaning I’m not going to get to play regular FFA the entire span of that time and it’s what I like to do on weekends. Like it being in a different spot would be fine imo, but it replacing DM for an entire week is excessive.

1 Like

You can find millions of ffa games in custom battles. It feels just like the regular ffa. I swear even the same people are playing there (both gamemodes are flooded with gms).

Custom battles ffa is even better, because you can find a server without cheese heroes if you want to. You dont have those luxuries in regular ffa.

Join us now :smiley:

2 Likes

I love mystery ffa. It let’s me just chill and have fun going pew pew pew without tilting over other players playing cheese heroes.

Seriously, a Brigitte/Moira/Torb/Bastion in ffa is such a killjoy.

2 Likes

I just remembered what I hate most about FFA in general, and this iteration even more: the way the kill counters work. Everytime I almost have a kill, someone else snipes at the last second. I got sick of basically feeding everyone else’s scores, y’know? But there’s -always- that other person waiting to leap in and kill whoever’s at low health…

And in Mystery FFA, it’s even more frustrating.

Yeah but when the cheese hero comes up randomly they auto-win the game

1 Like

It should be taking the place of mystery heroes in the arcade for a week, not real DM.

2 Likes

I honestly think it’s fun. Playing as and against the same 10 heroes gets old, and I’ve actually started randomly choosing heroes to play in regular FFA, too. There’s more of a luck factor in Mystery FFA, but the unpredictability keeps things somewhat fresh, at least.

On the other hand, I can see how it would be especially frustrating for people who don’t have a good handle on how to use the entire cast of heroes.

1 Like

I flex almost the whole cast, but I find Mystery FFA frustrating because it isn’t about skill it’s about luck of the draw. You could be winning by 15 and still get last place because you suddenly rolled a bunch of bad picks for FFA and fed everyone else’s ults while constantly losing your own. You watch helpless as someone dominates because they got one of their mains or a strong hero for the mode, while you’re just running around looking for someone to kill your Mercy/Zarya roll. It’s not just random with hero choices, but with victories too, skill has very little to do with it.

2 Likes

The problem is half of the roster is not viable in DM…And for some weird reasons you get Zarya, Mercy, Orisa etc more often then other heroes, meanwhile lucky Moira rng winner is on top of the score board.

Not frustrating at all.

1 Like

the “Mystery” Genre of game modes are honestly pretty trashy as it is, But i Preffer FFA Mystery than the normal Team version, in the team version RNG can make you lose right off the bat with no chance before you even leave the spawn, the enemy team could get some right stacked 2 torb 2 orisa comp with a decent heal support and or another support/DPS. I Like Mystery FFA to the extent of being forced to play things in FFA that i usually wouldnt, it also helps restrict the mode from being filled with Doomfishs, brigittes, genji’s, tracers moira’s and pharahs.

1 Like

Mystery FFA is awful. Some people actually use FFA to practice/warm up on specific heroes which they can’t do with the mystery mode. While I’m not one of these people, I still horribly dislike this gamemode. They should at least put normal FFA up as well as this.

Sidenote: Why is mystery heroes constantly locked in the arcade. Do people actually play that? All the other gamemodes are weekly/daily. And then there’s mystery heroes which is there every single day.

3 Likes

There’s always a custom game FFA labeld Aim practice 24/7. I never join as my aim doesn’t need practice. Anyway,

22% #1

1 Like

Imao just go to custom games. Way better competition.

1 Like

zarya and mercy for half the game… then get bastion nope back to mercy zarya rest of the game. didn’t feel random at all.

And yes they disables auto censoring so I had to do it myself, figures.

trash mode.

Good news is my finger found the left click on Custom Games. Much better DM there. And with lower EXP, I can climb out of trash Gold elo before I get silver border :eyes:

But… u just go into easy junkenstein and u get all your boxes in an hour :smiley:

lootboxes suck anyway

When you have all skins and items they are pretty much useless.

Mystery Heroes would actually be pretty cool if there was a percentage of ult rollover and a unique hero limit (ie, if your team has a mercy when you spawn, you can’t spawn as a mercy).

MH also needs and instant respawn and no overtime. Objectives / Payloads should move a little faster. In short, MH games should be shorter, and possibly continuous (like skirmish) with constant back-fills.