"Why is my feedback put in one mega thread?"

I see a lot of people thinking Blizzard is “censoring” people (???) by moving certain feedback to one “mega thread” for a particular topic.

No one ever seems to ask why they do it, so lets explore why! (Spoilers: they’re not trying to censor you)

They do it because:

• No one wants the forums spammed with the trillionth Mercy thread when there’s a thread specifically for talking about Mercy 1 click away
  • Blizzard I’m sure doesn’t want to have to sift through literally thousands of threads to find on-topic threads
  • It’s FAR easier for Blizzard to hop into one mega thread for a unholy amount of feedback on a single topic
  • Your post is far more likely to be seen in the mega thread by Blizzard and by far more people compared to it being on the front page for a whopping 10-30 minutes before falling into the forum abyss

You get absolutely no advantages from not having your posts in a ‘mega thread’.

10 Likes

^ All of this is truth. And I say this has someone who has posted in the current Mercy megathread because I’m not nuts about her current gameplay.

From the Code of Conduct:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

From the forum guidelines:

To say that Blizzard is chucking posts in there to ignore and silence them is to assume bad faith on the part of the devs for no reason at all.

4 Likes

I like how you yourself are wording your post in a way in order to not get it quarantined into the Shadow Realm that is the Mercy Megathread.

Face it, dude(tte). The only reason the Megathread still exists is to silence and censor those who want her fixed.

8 Likes

No reason? How about the fact that only anti-Mercy opinions and complaints have been taken into consideration when balancing Mercy ever since her rework? She’s only gotten nerfs since her rework, and no buffs or fixes whatsoever.

6 Likes

Why would it be? OP’s post doesn’t contain any mercy feedback.

2 Likes

Neither does a 5th of the posts moved into the Megathread by the Forum Moderators.

5 Likes

Post that in the megathread, as that is feedback regarding Mercy.
This thread is about clarifying why the multitude of mercy threads were collected into one comprehensible thread.

2 Likes

They’re not off-topic though. The OP is claiming that the feedback thread is useful and SiROSTRiKE is refuting the point.

2 Likes

Who made this tea? It’s delicious

Captain Ana Amari, reporting for Duty.

Two problems: Endless Scrolling!

Honestly that thing is not navigateable in any way, shape or form. A move into the megathread is essentially a deletion.

8 Likes

At this point i’m quite surprise there’s no “Tracer Megathread” or “Brigitte Megathread” because i see multiple topics about the mentioned heroes quite often. Most of them are asking for Tracer to be nerf while on Brigitte case some topics are asking for her to nerf and others state that she’s balanced.

If other heroes can have multiple topics created daily without any repercussion this contradict the whole Mercy Megathread.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if you were trying to say “One problem” or “Two Words”, or perhaps you just forgot to put the second problem.

1 Like

The problem with this, is it operates on the assumption they read feedback. If they had, a lot of these Mercy changes would have never taken place–because players said there would be a problem long before there ever was one.

If they read it, they take it with a grain of salt and nothing more, it would seem.

7 Likes

How is “only anti-Mercy opinions and complaints have been taken into consideration when balancing Mercy” a counter-argument to a clarification regarding the use of a Feedback thread, though?

2 Likes

Not much to fix when she has a higher pick and win rate than the majority of the cast.
The “fun” argument is separate.

1 Like

Jelly just wished the megathread was more organized😁

Just having post after post isn’t helping much.

3 Likes

The new forums prevent me from reading the mega thread. I can not scroll without forum stutter that causes hundreds of posts to be skipped over.

Making new threads is the ONLY way to actually be able to read Mercy threads these days. So whether the Mercy mega thread had good intents or not, it now functions as a garbage pile that can not be read...
6 Likes

It’s literally their viewpoint on how the Devs are one-sided on their feedback. I didn’t say it was factually correct, just that they were attempting to refute the OP’s post.

1 Like

On the other hand we don’t get advantages with our posts in the megavoid either.

• It has created a disarray of posts, many of them aren’t even feedback, it’s hard to keep track of discussions
  • It sure feels like Mercy complaints, or discussion about Mercy altogether, are being silenced
  • No official responses within the current megavoid thus far, not even to remotely discuss any bit of the feedback
  • What official person is going to go through all the thousands of posts, or keep up with it? The megavoid should’ve been for feedback, not a dumpster for anything outside of feedback/ideas/suggestions regarding Mercy.

We get almost no advantages from having our posts put in the megavoid to be fair.

4 Likes