Why is matchmaking trash?

There is literally nothing different from Overwatch 1 and 2 in regards to the matchmaking. You literally lose the second you get a game. Either the game gives you teammates or you get a group of 4 other players who can count their IQ on one hand each. Doesn’t matter if you have a great game yourself or you’re a bit off that game. Unless you’re smurfing, you literally win or lose by the matchmaker. Is this ever going to be fixed?

3 Likes

This bit is true.

The rest of you post is inane nonsense.

3 Likes

SURELY it can’t be your gameplay, right? You played absolutely perfectly and did absolutely nothing to warrant you losing games.

1 Like

I can tell within 15 seconds if we’re going to lose or not, here’s the tell:

Take damage and count how long it takes you to get healed, if it’s longer than 6 seconds then unless the other team is awful you’re going to lose. Tested with around 85% accuracy.

2 Likes

Such an awful metric.

What you’re saying is, if you don’t get healed in 6 seconds you start throwing.

I never throw matches, if a healer doesn’t heal you at the start within 6 seconds it tells you how good your healing is and it’s a leading indicator of how the rest of the match is going to go.

No offence but I doubt that based on what you say.

Also, I’m sure I’ve seen people confirm thats what you do. Essentially soft throw games.

Also, multiple games last night I didn’t get healed for over minute. I was playing tank and we won. You are talking nonsense sadly.

I don’t enjoy throwing, I do enjoy alternative ways of playing that aren’t in the little box that most people expect you to play, I like creativity (which the matchmaker does not reward, it severely punishes you). For instance, people think you’re soft throwing if you use Ball regardless of how well you’re doing, in OW1 if you touch the charge button with rein then you’re automatically throwing, so “soft throwing” is a broad term. I never play matches with the intention of ruining a game.

You’ve just said you “know you’ve lost” in 6 seconds. Subconsciously you’re giving up and soft throwing.

Don’t know what rank or skill you are… But your mentality sucks hard.

I´d say that unless all is low it should be under 2 seconds for most times. If you are close enough / in line of site and stuff.

Hey if the support is going to throw why not follow their lead

I mean if your getting damaged within 6 seconds of match something is wrong.

The problem is worse. If you will check the enemy ranks (if you will get anyone with not private profile - frustrating!) - there are GMs all the time mixed with low levels. Which is absolutely bad! It is a lottery “who get’s the GM”, or 2 GM’s game. If one team’s GM will get a tank or DPS, and another team’s GM will be a healer - bye bye!

This is so unacceptable.
And please remove this private profile thing. This is maximally frustrating.